• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: NI Not Willing To Support Pro Tools/RTAS?

Share/Bookmark

NI Not Willing To Support Pro Tools/RTAS?

There\'s a thread on the DigiDesign forum by someone who spoke with NI and was told they were \"not willing\" to promise support of RTAS and Pro Tools.

If this is true, I really hope you will reconsider. A lot of us have crossgraded to your software thinking that you would of course support Pro Tools, of all software, and are very disturbed to see that you may not. OSX compatibility seems even a low priority as it\'s target release date is near the end of the year. Meanwhile, almost all the other major players are either up to speed, or will shortly be up to speed with OSX compatibility.

There will be no Direct Connect support in PT6. That leaves Kontakt users out in the cold.

I really hope that RTAS versions of your stuff will see the light. Otherwise there are no options for us and the sales will go to MACH 5 by default.

Thanks for listening.

Re: NI Not Willing To Support Pro Tools/RTAS?

Originally posted by tomhartman:

There will be no Direct Connect support in PT6. That leaves Kontakt users out in the cold.

I really hope that RTAS versions of your stuff will see the light.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Absolutely. Having PT OSX compatible versions of NI plug-ins is really essential to me too. I own Reaktor, Absynth and Kontakt!

It makes so much sense to bring these two (NI + PT) wonderful creative forces together to the OSX platform.

This news is very dissapointing for PT users, and I would imagine a mistake for NI. Isn\'t the mac/PT market substantial?

anyone from NI that can comment on this?

thanks.

Originally posted by Chris Villepigue:
    anyone from NI that can comment on this?

thanks.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I think their silence on the matter speaks for itself. If they don\'t care if they lose my business, I understand, but I\'m sure I\'m not alone. I have to go to Logic now and EXS.

everyone\'s at GDC or Musicmesse right now, so give it a few days, or ask again in a few days

Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    everyone\'s at GDC or Musicmesse right now, so give it a few days, or ask again in a few days
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks King, I was unaware of that, though it was days before they responded to a similar question about OSX support, so I guess I jumped.

The threads in the Digi forum are looking up a bit tonight....someone got an EMAIL from NI saying something to the effect of \"Of course we will support RTAS in Pro Tools\" but unfortunately, it still seems to be a back burner thing, set for at least Fall.

Originally posted by tomhartman:

The threads in the Digi forum are looking up a bit tonight....someone got an EMAIL from NI saying something to the effect of \"Of course we will support RTAS in Pro Tools\" but unfortunately, it still seems to be a back burner thing, set for at least Fall.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">They have always said Q3 for OSX support.

You guys should relax a little, they have a very full plate at the moment, and it\'s more important that it is done right, than fast. You must admit NI have achieved a great deal in a very short time.

Btw, when OSX support is complete, we will offer a free update for all EW/ZG/NI sound library users.

Doug Rogers
    -------------------
    EASTWEST
    www.soundsonline.com

Doug, the problem is not OS X support. The problem is that if they don\'t offer RTAS or HTDM support PT users may be left in the dust. I can\'t imagine they would do that, but unfortunatly Digi is not developing DirectConnect for OS X, and they haven\'t said if and when Audio Unit support will be integrated into PT. Obviously the best thing for developers would be if PT and all other Mac DAWs fully supported Audio Units. Then they wouldn\'t have to make a MAS/RTAS/VST version. Just one Audio Unit version for Macs. And I have to think that is what\'s going to happen. But most companies are very hush hush, and they don\'t want to commit to anything. In time, I\'m sure all of this will be worked out...but its frustrating for many people who cross-graded to Kontakt from sample-cell because they were told it would work in OS X, only to find out that it won\'t work on their platform of choice for several months, if at all.

I think the best thing for PT-Mac users may be to buy a Windows machine for soft synths, plug-ins and run them the way you would run Giga. Not as convenient but probably more robust and solid anyway.

Originally posted by shadowbox:
    Doug, the problem is not OS X support. The problem is that if they don\'t offer RTAS or HTDM support PT users may be left in the dust.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Christopher,

Some companies are reluctant to discuss future plans in public for obvious reasons, but trust me that PT support will continue.

Take care,

Doug Rogers
    -------------------
    EASTWEST
    www.soundsonline.com

Go Back to forum