• Register
  • Help

Topic: Halo 3 Trailer

Share/Bookmark

Halo 3 Trailer

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/...cles/halo3.htm

I know we don't post a lot of gaming news here, but I was so impressed with this trailer I didn't want it to sneak by anyone!!!

I'm assuming Marty O'Donnell scored this but I could be wrong.
    Michael Peter

If music be the food of love...
    play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

Re: Halo 3 Trailer

The real question inquiring minds want to know, Mike - are you working on Mass Effect!?

Great trailer. I liked the scoring to, its fresher than a lot of game trailer music you hear these days. (like the 180 piece orchestra/choir onslaught.)

Oh, and Michael, what are you working on?
    ---------------------------
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com

hehehe....yeah I'm on Mass Effect right now. It's coming together at lightning speed. I'm disappointed it hasn't gotten more coverage on the various game sites. It's a closed demo so I guess I understand but all I'm hearing is Gears of War and Halo 3 over and over and over again.

Me and another sound designer were debating this trailer. He didn't like the fact that there was a piano, or that the piano was the focus. I can totally see his point but at the same time it looks like this trailer is Earth and I thought the piano offered a "close to home" element that complimented the whole "this is how the world ends" thing.
    Michael Peter

If music be the food of love...
    play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

I agree about the Piano Michael, I think it does bring the human element to the story. As mentioned earlier, I think the music in general also distinguishes itself from a myriad of other game trailer scores as well.

Good luck with Mass Effect mate.

Cheers,

Scott.
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com

This trailer did very little for me. I knew it would be all the rage at E3 but to be honest, they could have released a single still of the name Halo3 and it would have still been all the rage. The trailer to me was just a nice rendering of what we already know and love. Still, you better believe I'm gonna be in line with all of the other zealots to be the first to get it once it's released.

Glad to hear you're hearing a lot about Gears....hope we can live up to the hype...which I fear is almost not possible at this point!

I was blown away by Crysis at E3 this year....looking forward to seeing more about this little gem
    -Jamey

First time I saw the trailer I didn't like the piano either, Third time I watched it thought it was actually kind of different and ended up liking it. Mind you, I wish they had shown more !

Apparently Crysis will look even better when run on DirectX 10.

Lightbulb Re: Halo 3 Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by IOComposer
    I was blown away by Crysis at E3 this year....looking forward to seeing more about this little gem -Jamey
    Boy, he sure is right about Crysis. That is some great wild looking and playing game. I spent some time looking at it with the developers. And Gears of War is looking every bit as good as its hype. And we cannot forget Prey: fantastic looking and playing game. A game that has been under development longer than Duke N. I remember reading about "portal" development at least 10 years ago, probably more. And (I think its called) Chrome Hounds (a mech game) was fun to play if a little hard to control. Some great looking things are being developed for the XBox 360 for sure. I did not see anything solid for Wii or PS3, but I am sure they can move some pixels. XBox has a real head-start on the pack. Overall, I think things are looking up for games and those who work on them.
    Doyle W. Donehoo, Composer
    Radar Music
    www.doylewdonehoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by His Frogness
    hehehe....yeah I'm on Mass Effect right now. It's coming together at lightning speed. I'm disappointed it hasn't gotten more coverage on the various game sites. It's a closed demo so I guess I understand but all
    Cool.. what exactly are you doing for Mass Effect?
    Sam Hulick
    Composer
    http://www.samhulick.com/

Go Back to forum