• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: East West

Share/Bookmark

East West

I am getting ready to purchase the Gold edition from Sounds on line. Wondering, how is the player that comes with it? Have Giga studio 3, very content with it. What about the strings? Good or no.. Or is it better to go with the Platium edition? Just want to make the right purchase, where I am not sorry in the future. Thanks in advance..Joseph

Re: East West

Thanks, What about the reverbs that come with it? Can I get buy with them? Joseph

Might be a good idea to go for platinum(24 bit), i own gold XP witch is 16 bit and can see the deference with my Sonic Implants strings/brass Collection(24 bit). I use to think otherwise but i was wrong + you will have the 3 mic positions witch you wont have with Gold. Gold has one mic position(full) witch can be a little too big at times. The player is very basic and you will most likely need kontakt for editing, script, 16 midi ch. in each port(the player has 8).
    The strings are good, 2 sections, 11 vi, 18 vi, quiet a few articulations but not nearly as much as VSL and not all of them work but you should be O.K. for lots of projects but will not be effective for pads like partitions(Sonic Implants is the way to go for that IMHO), witch is the very important IMO!!

You should have a look at Sonic Implants for strings witch can be a little more intimate and big too, the musicians are more into it in my opinion from the lowest to the hightest note and the tuning is better too, very expressive at low/hight velocity. I also prefer that room witch is more intimate. SISS has less articulations but with the script in K2 format that should not be an issue...Just a tough.

P.S. As for EW, they are now working on their VI so it might be a good idea to wait.

Good luck with your purchase!

Thanks, didnt know about the V1, will wait for sure now. I have the Sonic implants strings, just going for a change. Its been the same old everyday. Never know, to make a purchase or not. So many new things coming out these days......Thanks again......Joseph

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo001
    P.S. As for EW, they are now working on their VI so it might be a good idea to wait.
    What do you mean, geronimo? You mean they're moving away from the K2 player?

buzz

"You can't have everything - where would you put it?" -Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by buzzripper
    What do you mean, geronimo? You mean they're moving away from the K2 player?

buzz

"You can't have everything - where would you put it?" -Steven Wright
    EWQL uses the kompakt player, not k2. There is a lot of buzz about them developing their own sampler, but little is known about it at this time.

Ignore what geronimo says, he's been an EWQL hater for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by wja
    EWQL uses the kompakt player, not k2. There is a lot of buzz about them developing their own sampler, but little is known about it at this time.

Ignore what geronimo says, he's been an EWQL hater for quite some time.
    Sorry but EW ''is'' developing their VI there's no dough about that, they've mentioned that quiet a few times on their forum and i don't hate EW anymore and wish them all the best...one cant stay angry forever . Better late than never.

mech289
    I have the Sonic implants strings, just going for a change. Its been the same old everyday. Never know, to make a purchase or not. So many new things coming out these days......
    Well if you're going for a change, ew should do the trick. You should also look into VSL chamber strings, that lib. is amazing for the price and anyone who likes strings should have it IMHO. Unless you own that one too.

They are developing their own player, but there is virtually no information regardign it what so ever at this point. There really isn't any point in waiting for something to come out when there is no release date in the for seeable future.

And I think that for the price that it is at now Gold would probably be a good investment. And if you don't like the reverb on it you can always delete/disable the release trials.
    Tim

Also i'm quite sure* that you will be able to upgrade from Gold to their VI once they make it.

* Qualified guess that is.

Thanks men again. Yes I also have the Vienna Chamber strings.. Think there great...I have made the purchase for the Gold. Let you guys know how I like it in a few days. Also that was a good point on price, and the upgrade in the future... Joseph.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast