• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any Idea????? System Idle Process at 99%

Share/Bookmark

Any Idea????? System Idle Process at 99%

Hi there,

Have a daw and 4 slaves. Turned all my PC's on today and all the slaves are more than sluggish - just not opening folders, files - etc. Opened 'Task Mgr' and find on all four slave machines that the SYSTEM IDLE PROCESS - all the way to the bottom of the list shows at 99% CPU???? (the main Daw is fine)

Has this happened to anyone? Of course they are all networked with a giga switch and all has been working this way for over 2 years.

Any possible solutions?

Thanks for any help you can be.

(have MOTU soundcard 2408 Mk3 with all slaves ADAT into it.)

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Re: Any Idea????? System Idle Process at 99%

Just noticed that the main daw that is responding fine to opening files, etc. has also a System Idle process of 98-99% (while just at desktop). Thanks must not be it.

Scratching my head on this one. Conducting 'error disk check' right now on all slaves to see if that rectifies the problem. Any other ideas???

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Rob,

This is normal for Windows and actually is very good. Means your only using 1% CPU.

I've noticed that Windows system sounds can cause sluggish Windows Explorer response. Trying disabling them.

Jim

After all the checking it may have been the simpliest. A brand new optical mouse is defective (thru a 4 port KVM). Used another mouse had lying around- all is well. ops:

Wished I would have checked that 2 hours ago. Oh well, it's been fixed. :smile:

Rob

(anyone recommend a good optical mouse that will work with a 4 port KVM switch - the new MS intellimouses don't - drivers don't work with the KVM. Any recommendations would be apprcieated.
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Go Back to forum