• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Why Kontakt 2?

Share/Bookmark

Why Kontakt 2?

I've been getting along fine using the Kompakt players that are included with sample libraries I buy. I've been looking at K2 and thinking of taking advantage of the crossgrade offered by NI.

What greater functionality will I be able to take advantage of with a dedicated sampler as opposed to the players that seemingly all libraries come with?

Re: Why Kontakt 2?

First: not all libraries come with their own sample player. You expand the horizon with Kontakt.

Second: You can use scripts like SIPS with your libraries.

You need to download the demo and see for yourself. Although I think the kontakt players are good (based on my assessment with JABB), Kontakt is a different beast altogether.

R.

Here's a thread with the same tittle http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...hlight=Kontakt

I heard these guys has the best crossgrade price.
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ren&Q=&ci=1607
    the price is $214.95 but you have to get your discount buy email first.

I would say go for it!

P.S. Let me know how it turns out if you buy it. Price wise that is.

Be advised that there are currently some problems loading Kompakt-based libraries into Kontakt 2.1. For many people (myself included) there's a bug that prevents K2 from loading any of the sample content because it doesn't recognize it as authorized even though it is. Not everyone's experiencing this but it's certainly common, as the thread on the NI forum will attest.

A shame since some of the Kompakt libraries are cheap and great raw material for mangling in K2. Also a shame since the preset navigation in the Kompakt instruments (deeply nested menus with no previous/next navigation) makes them essentially unusable (IMO).

Is the release trails problem(ewso) solve in K2 now?

Thanksfor the replies. If i've learned anything it's not to upgrade until 2.1 is fixed.
    Incidentally the demo version immediately expires on startup so that idea is out.

The SPIS script sounds fantastic on the site. Are there many other available scripts?

Does anybody know, if Kontakt instruments that use the legato function (VSL or KHSO) work with Kompakt?
    Thanks,
    Justus

There is already a bug fix for Kontakt 2.1 which fixes the majority of issues. It's been quite stable on my system.

Does anybody know, if Kontakt instruments that use the legato function (VSL or KHSO) work with Kompakt?
    Kontakt instruments that use the legato function will only work in Kontakt 2 as they using the scripting capabilities of Kontakt 2. Kompakt came out way before Kontakt 2 so it has no scripting capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by nemo_sim
    Thanksfor the replies. If i've learned anything it's not to upgrade until 2.1 is fixed.
    Incidentally the demo version immediately expires on startup so that idea is out.

The SPIS script sounds fantastic on the site. Are there many other available scripts?
    What is "many"? There are "some" and their number keeps growing all the time. Some day there will be many.

Go Back to forum