Forgive me for I have sinned against my wallet ...
I've bought a few items over the last few years which I have bought on a whim, or without doing my homework, or because I've just got caught up in group-buy hysteria. Some of them are just not right for the way I work, some of them are poor quality and some I just don't bloody need and will never need.
Some of them might surprise you .. becuase of themselves some are great products.
1. M-Audio Trigger Finger ... it got such great reviews in the music mags ... ahh who can you trust these days?
2. Yellow Tools Culture ... greats sounds, but I just never use it, and the percussion in my orchestral libraries covers most bases.
3. EWQL Symphonic Choirs ... I had money burning a hole in my pocket and didn't have the patience to wait for Gold XP, which forced me to wait another year to buy XP.
4. Harbal ... why?
5. Alta Vista Virtual Grand Piano ... I don't need another piano library
6. Novation Remote 49 ... the combined mod wheel feels cheap and nasty, and the touch pad isn't an electrostatic device, its a "pressure" pad which you have to press quite hard.
Just to be balanced here what I still treasure;
1. Gold and Gold Xp
2. Tracktion (especially Final Mix)
3. Art Vista Maljsmo Grand
4. Line 6 Variax Accoustic (POD XT Live)
5. Beyerdynamic DT7500 headphones
6. Samual Adler's book and CDs
+ lots more, but I won't bore you
So what are everyone else worst (& best) purchases?