• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Whoopee Update

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs down Whoopee Update

Well, it was pretty good for about a day and a half. I can't stand the stuff. There is no way I could drive if I continued use. Sleep is disrupted, and after a dose of the stuff, I am overwhelmed a need to sleep. Already the dosage must be increased in order to be effective. The stuff is terrible. Long term use is out of the question. Addiction is too easy, although I don't see how anyone could stand the stuff. It really makes my head feel strange, but my thinking remained clear. I want to keep it that way, so either it goes on the shelf for drastic emergency use, or I flush it and the sewer rats from here to the treatment plants will be euphoric for a while! So I guess I will just continue to work through the pain when I can. No way will I try a narcotic pain reliever again. I don't think I used it long enough to suffer withdrawal, but I will soon find out!

Richard

Re: Whoopee Update

Richard, I'm praying for God to make your pain to go away and not to need any medication.

In around 1997, I stopped at a red light and a car plowed into me from behing going very fast. I had pain that is indescribable. Three discs in my back, one in each region was messed up, and the one close to my neck would cause me to have days I could not turn my head and headaches that were so bad i wanted to die. The one in the middle would start up if I did the least little thing or sometimes from not doing anything, just moving the wrong way.

Three years later, I happened across a radio preacher who was stating that you are already healed "By His stripes we were healed" and he had people calling telling about being healed. This I needed very badly, so i called in for prayer when he gave a number for that. Only about a week later i was overwhelmed with something even more indescribable than the pain, and I knew that i was healed, I have been pain free since then. It was outta this world, weird and wild, i went from having unbearable pain to having no pain in an instant. I'm calling the same prayer line for your pain to end.

Regards
    David

You're in my thoughts in this, Richard.

My own tolerance for pharmaceuticals is around zero -- even
    most over-the-counter drugs make me *batty. And with the
    consequence of a sorely misspent youth and a go-round with
    MS at hand, it'd please me no end if something would work
    without turning one into a zombie or a rocketman... lol.

So far, CoQ10, curcumin, and boswellia are about my best
    friends. If you've not made their acquaintance, they might
    be of help.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

*Battier than usual, that is.

Dump it Richard and have faith. Praying for you my friend!
    Styxx

Interesting. Back in 2001 I fell and REALLY bashed up my left hip and elbow and couldn't get up and had to be ambulanced to the ER. They gave me some pain relievers and I eventually got home and into bed.

My doc prescribed oxycontin for pain and I tried it 'cause I really hurt, but it made me throw up about 20 to 30 minutes after I would take it. After a couple of days I said I can't take this stuff, so they prescribed ultram which did exactly the same thing, so I went back to taking advil because it helped a lot and I could keep it down.

My wife has RA (rheumatoid arthritis) and was recently put on a new drug called sulindac, which is doing well for her pain. It's a non-narcotic nsaid, so you might give that one a try, ie, ask your doc about maybe trying it.

Tom

Sorry to hear of your troubles, Richard. I hope things improve quickly. Sadly, my life is more or less dependent on several prescriptions, and I had no choice but to get used to unfun side-effects. Here's hoping you don't end up on that path.
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Richard, you are in my prayers!

Peace

rikp

Talking Re: Whoopee Update

Maybe your hat's on too tight?
    Just kidding and trying to make you feel better even if for a brief moment.
    Seriously bud, my way of letting you know I'm thinking about ya!
    Styxx

What great support here in this forum for you Richard.

Since I too have Rheumatoid Arthritis, I can't say I feel your pain, but I feel mine, and I assume it's the same.

On the brighter side, the situation could be much worse. That's how I look at it. I try to be positive.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland
    Well, it was pretty good for about a day and a half. I can't stand the stuff. There is no way I could drive if I continued use. Sleep is disrupted, and after a dose of the stuff, I am overwhelmed a need to sleep. Already the dosage must be increased in order to be effective. The stuff is terrible. Long term use is out of the question. Addiction is too easy, although I don't see how anyone could stand the stuff. It really makes my head feel strange, but my thinking remained clear. I want to keep it that way, so either it goes on the shelf for drastic emergency use, or I flush it and the sewer rats from here to the treatment plants will be euphoric for a while! So I guess I will just continue to work through the pain when I can. No way will I try a narcotic pain reliever again. I don't think I used it long enough to suffer withdrawal, but I will soon find out!

Richard
    You're not on your own Richard, as posts here will testify. I'm no different having got smacked hard as a pedestrian by a truck nearly 18 years ago. (Trying to stop a kid getting run over.)

Dead on the slab twice and partial amnesia to boot. (Hence the lifetime study. I'm trying to be a good composer twice, so i needed to put some info in again ) Nervous system's shot to hell, so no more gigs, just writing.
    Have lived with pain for all this time, without any painkillers, because i strongly believe as a personal core principle in mental strength, and determination.
    (Which is why i can be caustic in my posts sometimes, as the fight between pain and stubborn, bloody minded determination sways one way or the other.)
    I'm not a religious fellow at all, so i wish for you as a fellow human being, the best of success, and relief as often as possible from those difficult moments.

I don't know if this will help, but i built an imaginary place in my head called Alkazar, a kingdom of awesome beauty in the best sense of the word. (All princesses, no tarts! ) It took some time to get the image solid enough, but when the body starts to react, i 'go to Alkazar.' And as the years have progressed, it's got a lot bigger and more detailed.

It's a mental construct of course, and a meditative diversion. But it releases me from the pain, and serves an additional purpose as a 'management system' for information i put into the skull. (The amnesia's almost gone, study has helped, and continues to do so, and i know a lot more about music now than i did before!). And the 'library' i've built in Alakazar is elegant and highly organised, as opposed to the 'real' versions we have today!

It might seem esoteric, and 'new age ish', but Alakazar as a pain and life management system has proved most useful, and it's non addictive, as i set the mental rules in place to counter any chance of a one way trip immersed in the peace and elegance of the place, at least until i'm ready, or the frame decides to give up. It's a very practical system, and i chose to create a kingdom of beauty just to have a nice place to visit, and as a balance for the real, sometimes darker and more challenging world people like you, I, and many others must deal with each day.

You're your own man, and will decide for yourself, as it should be.
    But if you're like me, and determined to live a life without being dependent on drugs (and hence in slavery to the pharm companies) then maybe building a mental place to go to when things get tough isn't a bad idea.
    There's another advantage too.
    When i started the construction nearly 18 years ago, i needed peace and quiet to 'still the mind' enough. Now, i can achieve that mental state in the teeth of a hurricane if i needed to. There's something to be said for learning to concentrate and focus, if for nothing more than to escape dodgy Country and Western Music!

Best wishes to you Richard, and to our colleagues here who have their own challenges to deal with, and i sincerely hope you all find the peace you seek, and have many enjoyable moments in life to come.

Regards,

Alex.

Go Back to forum