• Register
  • Help

Topic: Hey Mr. G!

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Hey Mr. G!

HEY MR. GARRITAN! Where's that Polka band library you promised a few years ago with the Schmenge Brothers samples? Man, I can't wait for ever ya know man ya know ... for da cripes sake will ya?
    Styxx

Re: Hey Mr. G!

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    HEY MR. GARRITAN! Where's that Polka band library you promised a few years ago with the Schmenge Brothers samples? Man, I can't wait for ever ya know man ya know ... for da cripes sake will ya?
    We're finishing it up now. As you had requested, the polka library will default to a volume of 100% with no volume control .

I live in fear of GBB - Garritan Bassoon Bash!
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    We're finishing it up now. As you had requested, the polka library will default to a volume of 100% with no volume control .
    Also, add in a feature to it that will allow it to directly play MIDIs. Then claim it as "broken" as it will repeat indefinately...
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

And of course you forgot to mention it's an endless loop.
    No rest for the wicked........

Hehe ... but actually Polka can be very delicate. I should render one sometimes.

Hannes

Are you guys going to attend the annual Polkalooza?

edit: I thought i was making a funny but it appears they really have one. http://www.jimmysturr.com/polkapalooza/

I have always hated rap music, but one day I heard some that was blended with classical music and have to admit it was great. I wonder if anyone has thought of blending rap with polka? .....

If you ever played with a top notch Polka Band you learn quite fast how seriously the music really is! I had played with one top local Polka band quite a number of years ago as a fill in when their drummer was sick or whatever. Actually, I believe he had a severe drinking problem. All I have to say is the first time I brought my cocky little ace to one of their gigs thinking, heh ... piece of cake! Those guys put me in my place awfully quick! "You know how to play a Rhylander, right?" Ah, what? "How about Tango, Rumba, Waltz?" Ah, I never played them before just rock n roll. "Oh boy! The just follow me." That was the leader of the band. Nice guy and after my first gig he sent me to a drummer on the east side who was considered the best polka drummer around and he was! I learned everything I could from him and never took a cocky attitude again with style band I filled in with.
    OK, boring story ... On the bright side I'm still playing!
    Styxx

So that's why you bought the Strad. It's polka time

Go Back to forum