• Register
  • Help

Topic: Need help configuring GS3 to use lightpipe audio outs

Share/Bookmark

Question Problem solved. Setting up digital lightpipe for GS3

Problem Solved.

Configured GS3 and an Echo Gina 3G audio interface to use ADAT lightpipe outs. Presently, GS3 is displaying 14 analog outs as being available and no digital outs are listed. The Gina 3G has six analog outs and 8 digital ADAT outs (14 total).
    The digital outs are enabled in the Gina 3G.

Does anyone know why GS3 is showing 14 analog outs as opposed to 6 analog and 8 digital outs?

Re: Need help configuring GS3 to use lightpipe audio outs

I set the GS3 outputs to outputs 7 and 8 and that allowed me to send the audio via lightpipe. The Gina 3G has 6 analog outs and it occurred to me that the GS3 outputs 7-14 must be digital, even though it lists them as being analog.

Still don't know what causes the occasional white noise swishing sound though or why GS3 lists outs 7-14 as being analog.

This is normal I had some experience with an RME card that had the same behavior as far as naming of the output channels. As far as white noise, I would check clock settings. Are both devices clocked externally?

If you don’t have an external clock then you could try coming out of the card that’s receiving the Gina signal and going ADAT in to Gina. Set Gina to receive external clock via ADAT.

If you are sending digital signal from one device to another they both have to be clocked with one master clock source.

Tpeda, I tried your suggestion of using an additional ADAT cable for the clock sync and it solved the noise problem.

Thanks again.

Jack

Go Back to forum