• Register
  • Help

Topic: Editing grooves in RMX

Editing grooves in RMX

Hi, Eric, Glenn, and all Spectrasonicians. I have a question about RMX. I was watching the drag and drop video and was wondering, if I lay out a groove in slice menu mode and edit it to sound the way I want within the host, is there any possibility of saving it in the groove menu of the original suite (or in some user groove folder), so that I can later use it in groove menu mode to construct a song in that fashion? If this is an absurd idea, let me know. If it's doable, please explain how (assuming you have the time and desire to do so.) If it's not doable, I think it might be rather desirable as a new feature (unless of course, my thinking is absurd or obtuse.) Thanks in advance for responding. Take care.

Re: Editing grooves in RMX

Hi...What you need to do is this:

1) Within your host, render your re-mixed loop as audio and export it,

2) Open it in Recycle and "Rex" it,

3) Run your loop (or folder with loops) through the Sage Converter,

4) Open RMX again in your host...and you're good to go, you got what you want.

Have Fun!

Re: Editing grooves in RMX

Excellent idea. I always end up using slice mode and need to use mutiple channel for each variation of a common base pattern. This would conserve on channel use. Of course, I generally use a given set of patterns once; each new piece gets new ones, so re-use would be marginal. Nonetheless, interesting.

Go Back to forum