• Register
  • Help

Topic: Zero-G with the RMX

Share/Bookmark

Zero-G with the RMX

Any comments/empirical evidence from someone
    who has used the new Zero-G's Total Rex -set with RMX?

Harry

Re: Zero-G with the RMX

Do you mean a lot of mediocre/bad stuff or things you just won't use for your type of music? Can you ellaborate about the bad vs. good?

i didn't get the idea that alot of it was mediocre , installed it yesterday , and got the idea there'd be loads that will proove useful

actually i'm completely blown away today again.. just got the Ilio expanders i ordered from T+S ..

RMX has just jumped up again into another league again

am so glad sample companies are putting out expanders and rex files. RMX is the bees knees

Just received it yesterday. Absolutely fantastic library for $160.00
    With the shear number of loops you're sure to find a lot of useful stuff regardless of genre.

I sure wish the REX Converter could sub curse through folders rather than convert one folder at a time. It will take a long time ot convert this entire REX library for use in Stylus. Does anyone have any tips that I am not aware of?

Toby

Quote Originally Posted by awpmusic
    If you have the latest version of the Sage Expander you can drag a whole bunch of folders on to it at once and it will work it's way through them maintaining the folder system - took less than 15 minutes to convert the entire total Rex DVDs.
    Andrew... you're a life saver! I'll have to check my version.

Thanks a ton,
    Toby

Quote Originally Posted by awpmusic
    latest is 1.5.1d
    Thanks Andrew, I converted both discs in less than 1/2 hour!

Toby

Another LARGE thumbs up for Total REX. It's a RIDICULUS value. And the REX work is largely quite good. They've pretty much focussed on what "would work" REXed, rather than padding content so much.

And the Sage tool work like an unbelievable charm.

Kudos to all responsible!

just got it myself and the very few loops I have played are excellent.
    This is months of fun :-)

Anyone find any nice way to categorise them in RMX?

my ideal would be to put all on the dvd's into a folder called Total Rex.
    But most woudl then be three folders deep, which is one folder too deep for RMX..
    or I can create suite with each folder on on the DVD, but in which case I will have tons of extra suite and a longer list to scroll through in the User Library section.
    what have most done?
    thanks
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

easy solution, just send all your new stuff to me :-)

ok, I found my own categorising method.
    they are like three or four folders, including synth bass loops that doesn't have sub folders, so I created sub folders for those.

I then renamed every first level folder (the library source) with a prefix TR, so for instance "Spices of India" becomes "TR Spices of India".

So at least when i convert them in RMX, I know where they came from.....and I get a pseudo grouping of all TR loops, since RMX does them alphabetically.
    Yes I did say I was anal-retentive. :-)
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Go Back to forum