• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Beethoven's Hair

Re: Beethoven's Hair

Okay, maybe it's just me, but that's a little weird. Not that I find anything offensive by it... it's just not my cup of tea.
    C. Foster Payne
    Amateur Composer/Orchestrator

I think it's pretty darned strange, personally.

When they bury me, I'm planning on wearing a wig.

I think if families are paying big bucks for something like this, it's a bit of a waste of money. However, if charity can be raised from the dead Beethoven's refurbished diamond-ized remains, no harm in that! I think I'd rather hold a diamond than a dead guy's hair. I think it's pretty neat that they can make diamonds like that though. Science is cool.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Ok but I think it would be a small diamond, because , wasnt his corpse ransacked in Vienna. ?? Clothes hair and suchlike.

Science may be cool, but its application leaves something to be desired on occasion.

regards Joe

California Redwoods

Well, I agree with my mother. Shortly before she died, a few days short of 90, a doctor recommended a procedure that was not useful, as she had so much cancer that removing a bit here and there would accomplish nothing. What she said was,"No. When I go, I'm taking all the parts with me!" I was with her and the doctor when she made the statement, so I know it is true.

Wine Country, Colorado

Perhaps Herr Ludwig will get his revenge. When he dedicated his Ninth Symphony to the King of Prussia Beethoven expected to be decorated with a royal order. Instead he was presented with a letter by way of messenger stating that he would receive a diamond ring. The ring did not have a diamond but a reddish stone that, when appraised, turned out to be of little value. Beethoven was angered and it was all his friends could do to talk him out of selling it.
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Shelton, Washington State

Tan me hide when I'm dead, Fred,
    tan me hide when I'm dead.
    So we tanned his hide when he died Clyde,
    And that's it hanging on the shed.
    Altogether now!

Sounds like an Addams Family episode plot. At least all the adjectives from the theme song come to my mind...

Is anyone else a little put off by the paragraph that seems to imply that Beethoven's most brilliant accomplishment was to be plagurized by the Electric Light Orchestra? And that he is only worth noting because of all the jazz and rock songs that copy him? This attitude (prevalent as it is) doesn't exacly smack of a great deal of appreciation for classical music, or one of its greatest geniuses.

Go Back to forum