• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: TASCAM tech support report card: D-

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs down TASCAM tech support report card: D-

Ok, so every time I attempt to call TASCAM tech support now I get a message that says something like, "Sorry, all lines are busy. Try again later." Hang up. Huh? Like when later??? How do I talk to a human being?

In addition to that, TASCAM has ignored my last six emails (spread out over the past several months) to their tech support department -- absolutely no response. GS3 has to have the absolute WORST tech support I have ever encountered in a professional product. The only reason I did not give them an "F" is because once upon a time I did receive a response that was helpful (>6 months ago).

Does anyone know how to get through to TASCAM GS tech support?

Re: TASCAM tech support report card: D-

Call them first thing in the morining Pacific time and get ready to hang up and redial when you hear that stupid message. That's how I got through 2 days in a row.

Eventually, you'll get someone who answers and they'll say... there are 2 (or so ) people ahead of you... and that's when you say... "I'LL HOLD!!!"

Put your phone on speaker mode and just wait for someone to pick up... eventually they will.

But yes.... getting through to them is the worst of ANY company I have dealt with.

Cheers,

T

Ask your questions here... that's (for me) a good part of what "here's" for.

I've gotten very sound advice [pun intended] from a sizeable handful of very helpful, very knowledgeable folkss on this forum.
    — alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

Great advice! I've done the first thing in the morning trick when ordering/upgrading/registering, and it's never failed me. And, yes, this forum is open 24 hours a day and on weekends. We don't solve everything, but we can try.

I have to agrea with that, i too called first thing in the morning...but after that...GOOD LUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by alanb
    Ask your questions here... that's (for me) a good part of what "here's" for.

I've gotten very sound advice [pun intended] from a sizeable handful of very helpful, very knowledgeable folkss on this forum.
    Agreed. This forum is the absolute best!

Tascam has lied to me in the past. I would never buy another product from them if I can help it. They are the scum of the earth
    75,000th Post Winner on the Garritan Forum
    "Don't you wish you were me?"

Thumbs down Re: TASCAM tech support report card: D-

Does anyone know how to get through to TASCAM GS tech support?
    Give them about three to four months and you will hear from them explaining why they can't help you because there are not enough techs to go around.
    True story.
    I purchased a Tascam F1880 and couldn't get the software to take in my PC. Getting an error message "Microsoft Does Not Support" blah blah blah! So, I proceed to email Tascam ... a week goes by, nothing. Again I email, few days and nothing. Did an extensive google search and called them and received the same message you describe. Next, I write a letter and send snail mail. A month goes by and no reply.
    Well, I can't use the damn thing so I ebay it and take a $300 dollar loss. Fine, aggravation over and I am looking for something else. Four months from the last failed correspondence and I get an email back from Tascam asking for information to be sent to them and they would look into the problem as soon as a technician was free. My reply back was simple, "Go To H*LL!"
    Although I do own a couple of Tascam CD burners and players that haven't given me trouble (knock on wood). I would never purchase from Tascam ever again.
    I think NMB put it best.
    Styxx

Angry Re: TASCAM tech support report card: D-

I actually got through to some sort of TASCAM receptionist today, but the conversation went something like this:

Me: "May I speak with Giga tech support?"

Them: "They're about to go into a meeting, try back in 15 minutes or so."

Me: "Waitaminute! This is the first time in months I have actually spoken with a human being instead of getting a message to try back, then get hung up on. What if I can't get through for another 6 months?"

Them: "Keep trying."

Me: "Ok... what if I can't get through?"

Them: "Just keep trying."

Me: "This is unacceptable 'support' for a professional product."

Them: "You can write a complaint."

Me: "To whom?"

Them: "Tech support."

Me: "But, tech support rarely gets back with me, either."

Them: "They'll forward it to the right people."

Uh-huh. Sure they will.

Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

I hear ya. I've had problems with them as well. Mainly with registering GigaStudio. When I got my copy it didn't come with a serial number or anything so I wasn't able to use it after the little 10 day period they give you before you need to register. It took a couple of weeks just to get in contact with someone though things did get sorted out in the end (I guess I was lucky in that respect).

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast