• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Would you buy this Ebay Trombone?

Share/Bookmark

Would you buy this Ebay Trombone?

One of my students found this trombone located in Shang-Hai and was wondering if he could buy it because it was 1/3 of the cost of other models I was recommending he buys. I pasted the description here word for word as it appeared on Ebay. Whaddya Think?

FINE BRAND NEW TROMBONE WITH TRTGGER Bb F ATTACHMENT We are honored very much for you recommend this item, had it, your life on many several minute appeal It can take to you in the spirit to be joyful Art always can bring the happy mood to the person Your family member also can very happy receive this you to take to their accident to be pleasantly surprised Because it not merely is an art ware, but also is representing you to the life the deep love the shipping; GBP 145.00 ;(EMS 4-7 working days)insurance cost GBP 5.00

Re: Would you buy this Ebay Trombone?

I once impulsively bought a made-in China flute for about USD110, thinking it was a good deal. I didn't have much knowledge of flute makes then, but it was a nickel (not silver) flute. Anyway, the tone quality was very disappointing, not as expressive as my school's Armstrong silver flute. It's workable, but just not satisfying at all to play on. If I had known better, I would have saved the money for a better one.

Don't get me wrong, I know China makes alot of fine instruments too, at very good prices. But if you can't try it, it's best not to buy it.

I bought a Chinese violin off ebay a couple of years ago for $9.00! No one else bid on it, thus the cheap price. Turns out it wasn't bad for a starter instrument and it came with a decent bow, case, rosin, tuning pipe, and cover bag. I gave it to a friends little girl who wanted to start playing the violin in school. Her teacher said the violin would suffice until the girl showed significant advancement. So, sometimes you can get something you need at a nice price but not necessarily a prize possession. It's a chance you take when buying off ebay.
    sub_circuits advice is sound rule despite, "But if you can't try it, it's best not to buy it."
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by sub_circuit
    But if you can't try it, it's best not to buy it.
    I'll third that sentiment.

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

You folks ever see the piccolo trumpets (or cornets, or pockets trumpets, or Bb's) on ebay made by "The Jazz Studio"??

They seem to have disappeared now...
    I found their mention on Amazon but they're listed as "unavailable"

The shipping prices (US$50) were more than the horns! (US$1)

There are a couple of Chinese manufacturers making decent student instruments, but most of them are garbage. Like most things in life, you get what you pay for. If a new horn costs a $1, chances are good it ain't worth much more than that even if the shipping is $100.

The trumpets do make nice table lamps though, so if you can negotiate on shipping, it might be a good deal afterall.

Rich

Do you all read the description?I thought it was absolutely hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by dubaifox
    FINE BRAND NEW TROMBONE WITH TRTGGER Bb F ATTACHMENT We are honored very much for you recommend this item, had it, your life on many several minute appeal It can take to you in the spirit to be joyful Art always can bring the happy mood to the person Your family member also can very happy receive this you to take to their accident to be pleasantly surprised Because it not merely is an art ware, but also is representing you to the life the deep love the shipping; GBP 145.00 ;(EMS 4-7 working days)insurance cost GBP 5.00

They could have at least used babelfish....

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs
    They could have at least used babelfish....
    Looks like they did

Quote Originally Posted by dubaifox

I don't know about buying the instrument,
    but I really love the ad copy!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum