• Register
  • Help

Topic: WavePRO

Share/Bookmark

WavePRO

Anyone comment on the WavePRO by Gadget Labs? I\'m considering getting one, and curious if anyone haw any experience with it.

Re: WavePRO

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rivethead:
    Anyone comment on the WavePRO by Gadget Labs? I\'m considering getting one, and curious if anyone haw any experience with it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I guess I\'ll answer my own question just in case anyone is considering buying this audio card.

I purchased the Wave/496 (with break out box). It works like a charm with Logic and Reaktor. Unfortunately, currently there are no GSIF drivers for it, so I still use my SBLive card for GS. GSIF drivers are in the works, and should be released sometime next month as told by support (which means probably December, although I hvae no experience with this company yet).

Support is great, I usually get an answer from them within a couple of hours. Helped me with an installation issue I was having. Very curtious and helpful.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rivethead:
    Well, I guess I\'ll answer my own question just in case anyone is considering buying this audio card.

I purchased the Wave/496 (with break out box). It works like a charm with Logic and Reaktor. Unfortunately, currently there are no GSIF drivers for it, so I still use my SBLive card for GS. GSIF drivers are in the works, and should be released sometime next month as told by support (which means probably December, although I hvae no experience with this company yet).

Support is great, I usually get an answer from them within a couple of hours. Helped me with an installation issue I was having. Very curtious and helpful.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its a great card. I have one as well, and the audio recording quality is fantastic. Unfortunately, Gadget Labs is very vague on when they will release a GSIF driver for the card, so Im shopping for something else until they do. They recommended against the SB Live, since it uses two IQ\'s. Not sure what to get at this point, since I dont want to spend a fortune and then have the Wave GSIF driver come out.

I\'m running fine with a SBLive Value card... Had some initial problems installing the WavePRO card, but it wasn\'t related to IRQ\'s. Just restored a Ghost, from before I installed Logic Audio, and it worked fine. Even reinstalled Logic. Works wonderful

Go Back to forum