• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Neat, huh?

Share/Bookmark

Cool Neat, huh?

I've been a very casual user of GPO so far, but decided to move all instruments into Kontakt 2.1 just for the heck of it. Thanks to EZ Macros, it just took one evening to make all basic modifications, add Bob Richards GPO Helper script to each relevant instrument, and add a custom GPO instrument skin. Below is the result, shown in Kontakt 2.1's new Performance View mode:

Now, if I can make it sound half as good as it looks, I'll be quite happy...!

Re: Neat, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Music
    Man that looks great. I've been wanting to move GPO into Kontakt 2.1 but just havent had the time. Is there any way you could post the files for us other users. I'm sure that there are quite a few of us here who would be very appriciative. Maybe we could get the forum to give you some extra stars.

Tom

I could, but only with Mr. Garritan's consent: In the skin, I have (ab)used the GPO logo, and I don't know what he thinks about people distributing non-verified K2 programs derived from the originals? Unfortunately, I can think of a number of good reasons NOT to approve of it!

Quote Originally Posted by pethu
    I could, but only with Mr. Garritan's consent: In the skin, I have (ab)used the GPO logo, and I don't know what he thinks about people distributing non-verified K2 programs derived from the originals? Unfortunately, I can think of a number of good reasons NOT to approve of it!
    pethu,

This looks very sharp! I see no problems with making the skin available. I would like to check out some of the scripts too. Perhaps we can be in touch by private message.

Thanks for sharing this.

Gary Garritan

Now pethu, what did you say about him not going to improve it?
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

How about this one?

Quote Originally Posted by C J Pro
    Now pethu, what did you say about him not going to improve it?
    I didn't say that, exactly. But if you're a pessimist, you get more pleasant surprises out of life

Quote Originally Posted by dbudde
    How about this one?

Nice! Whatever the skin, that script and the perfomance view really makes GPO instruments look like they truly belong in K2!

Some more skins:

OK, those who like my golden GPO/K2-skin can get it here:

http://www.pethu.se/music/Kontakt-GPOskin.zip

On the PC, a sensible place to put it is in the

Kontakt install directory/Presets/Wallpaper

folder.

You can get the ones I created here

Go Back to forum