• Register
  • Help
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 81516171819 LastLast

Topic: Welcome to the Garritan Interactive PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Korsakov

Share/Bookmark

Re: Welcome to the Garritan Interactive PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Korsako

Cool, I'm very excited about this. Can I ask others who have finished or are making their way through the whole course - approximately how long is it with regard to the amount of material taught. I know this is a difficult question because it depends on how much time I'm able to put in but perhaps it could be compared to a university course. 1 semester? a full year? I'm just trying to do some time management!! Thanks

Re: Welcome to the Garritan Interactive PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Korsako

How do you activate the midi files in the exercises ? I click on them and they start playing. I've changed the file associations in Windows and in my browser to save them (rather than them play with a designated application) but they immediately play anyway. Is the course somehow overriding the download and save ?

And where are all the supplemental tutorials ? A few of them I found but others link to a notice page in Garritan about how they changed the website in April 2010 and you have to go hunt for them on the Garritan site. I've found a few more by Google searches, but can I assume a large number of them never survived the Garritan link changes or got restored somewhere on the Garritan site ?

How do I start this class?

I want to learn more about orchestration. how do I get started with this class? If some one could tell me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Re: How do I start this class?

Quote Originally Posted by catherinethegreat21 View Post
    I want to learn more about orchestration. how do I get started with this class? If some one could tell me, I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Just go back to the forum and start with Lesson 1! Then work your way through the lessons one by one. It's an excellent course with plenty of great information, examples and commentary. It's more self-study than an actual 'class', though you can post your work as in exercises or compositions for people to comment on.

thank you sooo much i am very curious!!!! cant wait to start

Howdy,

LOL I don't get it.... how do I enter the course and read/hear/see? the course material?

In the original post under the syllabus are the chapters, but where are links to see them? Neither Firefox or Safari works for me.

Can someone help me out here please?...

...DOH... Scratch the above.... the stickies under this thread.... ahem.... LOL

Thanks
    Georg

Hi Gary, just joined the group. I heard about your course from a friend of mine. I've been teaching myself for the past year using the Forsythe book and the Sam Adams book on orchestration. I wanted to do a sample lesson or two but could not figure out how to do this. The links in the Index are not activated. What should I do?

Frank

Hi i have already learned a lot of stuff from this wonderful course a few months ago
    now i came back an i have the same problem as other people i can't access the links to the lessons
    is the site under construction or something?

Heard great things about this site…so i've just joined….would like to learn the course but the links dont seem to respond….are these still active? please let me know….thanks in advance...

"course syllabus" links are down.

The "course syllabus" links from the first page first post are down.

Is this an accident?

Go Back to forum
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 81516171819 LastLast