• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Welcome to the Garritan Interactive PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Korsakov

Share/Bookmark

Welcome to the Garritan Interactive PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Korsakov

We have a new Education section on Northern Sounds and the first offering will be the Interactive PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Korsakov.

You can go to the index to view the new section and here to see the course.

We just posted a welcome message here and the course will start in a few days. We welcome your participation.

Gary Garritan

Re: Welcome to the Garritan Interactive PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Korsakov

Woo-hoo!

The Rimsky's here!

Many congratulations, Gary, to you and the many who helped on this excellent presentation.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

I guess I better stop scoring the piccolo
    in bass clef. People will know.

Re: Welcome to the Garritan Interactive PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Korsako

Woot!

quartet >

Re: Welcome to the Garritan Interactive PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Korsako

This from the welcome page:

" Acknowledgements

This online course would not have been possible without the help of some very talented and dedicate people. First and foremost thanks to Robert Davis for the Herculean task of realizing and sequencing all the scores with GPO. A big thank you to Alan Belkin for his annotations. Thanks to Sean Hannifin for doing all of the flash work so that the music follows the score. Thanks to Terry Dwyer, Alan Belkin and Andy Brick for reviewing and serving as the teacher/moderators for the course. Thanks to those who made the various scores in Finale and Sibelius; namely: Bob De Celle, Lukasz Stasinski, Jamie Kowalski, Tim Cohen, Edward J. Fiebke Jr., Jim Williams, Steve Martin, David Mauney, Jonathan Orwig, Tom Prince, David Sosnoswski. Thanks to Dan Kury for the video editing and realization and Michael Sandberg for illustrations. And thanks to Mark Simon and Dave Burnett for hosting this course on Northern Sounds."

Thanks very much to all these people and thank you Mr. Garritan!

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to the Garritan Interactive PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Korsako

I actually ordered GPO last week just because of this course.. I was perfectly happy with the Kirk Hunter Emerald library on my GS3 system but this free course is something I couldn't pass up!!

It should be arriving in the next few days.. just in time for the course!

Mike

This might be useful. I've never participated in an orchestra so I can learn the techniques behind composing for one.

derek3: Just wait, it is better than you think it is.

Gary and everyone else mentioned in Leaf's post: Thank you for this guide. Now for me to work on something in return for your time. And no, money won't work because I'm out of it...
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to the Garritan Interactive PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Korsakov

I can't thank you enough Mr. G and everyone who made this possible. I'm (for once), speechless.
    ...Looking forward to learning.

Brian
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Re: Welcome to the Garritan Interactive PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Korsakov

This will change peoples lives.
    My hat is off to Gary Garritan for the dream,
    and all those who helped make it come true.

I don't remember any mention of this being included in any of my Garritan Libraries.

Dan

I don't wish to sound pompous and silly, but...

you are (whether you realize it or not) seeing the future.

As computing technology has become ever more affordable, the access to information has become ever more available. Unfortunately much of it has been garbage.

This course sets a very high bar.

You can bet that others will try to beat it.

And this is a good thing.

If competition breeds enlightenment, let it be so.

There are many organizations dedicated to providing less priveledged parts of our world with the tools to function in our increasingly technological society.

Find one.

Help it.

Think about the talent that lies out there that needs only the keys to the previously locked door. The door is now straining, but still needs to be unlocked.

Give them the key.

Michael

(sermon mode now OFF)

Woohoo!

Many thanks to the incredible talents of all others involved, and especially to Gary for his wonderful vision and will to do more than only sell a library.

This is gonna be great!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum