• Register
  • Help

Topic: Answer The Question!

Share/Bookmark

Answer The Question!

What were you doing before you purchased Garritan Personal Orchestra and became a wanted criminal ... no, wait ... scratch that... a member of this fine crazy weird provocative educated upside-down wedicalous scuewd up forum?
    I know I was hard working on a musical with the intentions of giving up music after the season when I met a violin repair shop owner who turned me onto GPO. Now, I'm addicted ... life has never been the same. I beg, borrow and steal hockey pucks and sell them on street corners just to have enough money to get the much need tools to write music. Heck, I've even resorted to selling pictures of forum members and the one that sells the most is NMB's! People just love that intellectual primate look I guess. My pictures never sell.
    AnywhichwayitgoesIdon'tcare, ANSWER THE QUESTION!

I don't know ... I just thought I would ask! Is that what's bothering you, buddy?
    Styxx

Re: Answer The Question!

I was struggling to get good orchestral sounds from my hardware synth and had just about given up when I bought an electronic music magazine and saw the advert for GPO. My jaw dropped at the price, the reviews and of course the demos. I delivered newspapers, washed cars and sang songs in Irish pubs (they paid me to stop), saved up and bought it.

I've never looked back...

Before GPO, I was a beautiful, young, blonde girl with big eyes and chest to match. My future as a cosmetologist and part-time desk clerk was assured. Just look what the purchase turned me into. I won't soon forgive you, Gary Garritan!

Laura Alexander
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Talking Re: Answer The Question!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    Before GPO, I was a beautiful, young, blonde girl with big eyes and chest to match. Just look what the purchase turned me into. I won't soon forgive you, Gary Garritan!

Laura Alexander
    Aaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    What were you doing before you purchased Garritan Personal Orchestra and became a wanted criminal ... no, wait ... scratch that... a member of this fine crazy weird provocative educated upside-down wedicalous scuewd up forum?
    Sane.

To elaborate, I was and still am a freelance software developer. I just never finished a program. I've done ProGUI, Wolf Installer, and Likos Archi Linux. Twas fun, yet I keep restarting the programs when I near completion. I'm also a student presently. And before I got GPO, I was a very seldom composer, rarely churning out any work.
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

I think I might have been in Kansas.

David.
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Cakewalk at one time was plugging Scorch. This led me to Sibelius, which, through some discussion and recommendations on their chat page, led me to GPO.

My music has not changed in the slightest because of GPO,BUT it sure sounds better!

Richard

Go Back to forum