• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Prog/Jazz- guess the libs!!

Prog/Fusion- guess the libs!!

Hey everyone- haven't been around much recently. I have finally had a chance to dig into some material I've been goofing around with for years- I've posted it before in an earlier form. This is part one of a five part piece. I finally have the tools to realize it the way I've heard it in my head for a long time. I thought I'd test your skills in trying to guess what is getting used where (hint- there's a hardware box involved, and it's not ALL samples!! ) Anyway, hope you like it. There's a few raw spots left to polish and vocals yet to add but this is really close. Any constructive ideas are welcomed!

I tweaked the guitar and bass sounds, and tried a more aggressive processed drum sound. It may be too much- see what you think!!

You guys are pretty much on the money (I think Aaron has onside information) *lol* Here is the list:

Drums: Toontrack DFH Superior!!
    (Good call on the little toms- it's not the Sonar snare, it's the THE but who cares )
    Guitar: Bela D. Lyrical Distortion!! (And some real- only the E-bow parts. All the fast stuff is Bela D. And I'm proud to say it's 100% real-time performance- no programming at all)
    Bass: Scarbee Fingered J-Bass (Man, I LOVE this lib!! It made doing this possible)
    Organ and Fender Rhodes: Nord Electro!! (I think it sounds more real than B4- though B4 is a wonderful product)
    Synths: Arturia Minimoog D!! (another fav of mine)

And the ARP string synth is a Roland Vintage Synth module. I think that's it...

Re: Prog/Jazz- guess the libs!!

I'm not even going to venture a guess as to whats what - I'm having too much fn listening! Great stuff, Fred The scope is tremendous, and you fill it very nicely. There are some section transitions that could be a bit more graceful, but the overall file is a winner. Love the bass and drum work as well.

Love to hear more.
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

My guess of the libs:

Drums: DKFHS where it's the same ride and maybe snare as in Drumkit from Hell 1. You're using multiple instances of DKFHS where in one you've tuned the toms higher.

NI B4 for the organs

Bass is Scarbee? Does sound quite real, maybe a real bass?

The synths and wurli I don't know. Guitar is probably real.

Ok that's it. Nice piece btw!

Yeah man !!,.. sounds like your a Holdsworth fan,. and a bad mofo too!

I love it, post more !!!

PS,.. the true test of great stuff,... I don't care what you're using !!! It sounds F*&^%ckng great !

OK,... I lied,.
    Please PM me and tell me what the drums are.
    rhodes and B3 too !!!!

Thanks for sharing.

Hey Fred,

Excellent guitar chops!

I'm such a huge fan of your superior drumming too.

I'm gonna guess the hardware used was made by nord.... oh wait, it's guess the libs

Great piece, it's a keeper

I don't have a clue about the libraries, but (except for the guitars, which were more Holdsworthesque) it reminded me of Kansas Leftoverture.

For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Thumbs up Re: Prog/Jazz- guess the libs!!

Great stuff. I thought the bass was Scarbee. I know someone said it in an earlier response, but that was my first guess. The other stuff, well I don't have a clue but sounds great to me. Production as well as the playing is myteefine!
    MotuHari--DP 4.61, Reason, Stylus RMX, Kontakt2, VGEE, GPO, Mac B&W G3w/G4 Upgrade, Keystation Pro 88

Thanks guys!! I edited the original post with a remix and all the info. There's 45 more minutes of this stuff i have to finish but I'm fired up Thanks again for listening!

say that again,.the drums are DFHs NOT !! C&V.

wow, and THE snare ??? whats that

Quote Originally Posted by PeterMcC
    say that again,.the drums are DFHs NOT !! C&V.

wow, and THE snare ??? whats that

Sorry for any confusion- it's DFHS (not Custom and Vintage) using the original Sonar kit; the THE snare is one of the additional snares (I think it stands for Thomas Hawke Engineering, the spelling is probably all wrong. That's why every just says THE )

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast