• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Dark Web

Share/Bookmark

The Dark Web

Telecom companies want to create a two tier web where companies with the financial resources will have priority over everyone else.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/5009250.stm

Re: The Dark Web

I have heard of this. I wonder if anyone is considering how much web usage would decline, and with it, the web generated income. Other issues, also, such as does wealth make it right to establish priority in all matters. I would be inclined to disconnect if that comes to pass.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane
    Telecom companies want to create a two tier web where companies with the financial resources will have priority over everyone else.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/5009250.stm
    Don't they have "priority" over everyone else regardless?
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland
    I have heard of this. I wonder if anyone is considering how much web usage would decline, and with it, the web generated income. Other issues, also, such as does wealth make it right to establish priority in all matters. I would be inclined to disconnect if that comes to pass.

Richard
    I'm very unclear on exactly what they're proposing (so are the telecoms) -- and as a longtime internet developer, I'll be darned if I can see how they can even implement it, technically. Huge portions of the 'net would essentially be broken.

But you raise a crucial point, Richard, which these nearsighted bottom-liners may not be seeing at all. The economic implications of this are quite broad and potentially, for many, the fallout could be catastrophic.

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum