• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Echo From Gigapiano

Share/Bookmark

Echo From Gigapiano

When I use the gigapiano and sustain pedal, I get a strong delay, rather than a normal sustain. Its unplayable like this, so if anyone has any suggestions on what to do, I sure would appreciate it. Nemesis does not seem to care once they have sold this stuff, they refuse to answer support requests..Last time I purchase any of their products for sure..

Re: Echo From Gigapiano

Try loading the \'light\' version of the Gigapiano, it\'s not as demanding.

Im using a PIII with 256MB Ram. I dont think I should be having this sort of problem, should I?

Depends on the speed of your CPU, your motherboard, your soundcard AND your HD speed...

Simon

OK. Im getting this delay or echo with ALL giga sounds.. My equipment is pretty high end, so I sort of doubt that its anything related to that.. Nemesis STILL hasnt responded to my support request.. They sure wont get any recommendations from me..

Calm down. Nemesys has always been responsive to my questions. Maybe because I elaborate my problems and my facts.

Why don\'t you list all your equipments here: processor, motherboard, harddrive (IDE or SCSI), controllers (Promise IDE, SCSI) etc... Then we\'ll see if there\'s an obvious setup problems / conflicts.

I would have expected at least a reponse requsting more information if that was the case. Nemesis wont repond at all. In any case, Im running an Intel Pentium III 550Mhz (motherboard and CPU are both Intel), with 128MB ram, and a Seagate Baracuda 30GB hdd, as well as a WD 6.2GB hdd which I dedicate for audio files.

Unfortunately, my Audio card is a Gadgetlabs, and they will not have the driver until later this year. So in the meantime, I\'m using the soundcard thats built into the Motherboard for the Giga.. I think its a Yamaha XG..

Whats happening, is that when I play the sounds.. they are all fine. Its only when I use the sustain pedal, that I get, instead of sustain, a very dense delay of the current sample. It just echos and echos away.

Very starnge problem I know, since the sounds play correctly with the exception of the sustain pedal. Appreciate all of your help. Thanks so much!

Do me a favor, with your arm, slam as many keys as you possibly can and hold it for a while... Let me know if it echoes just like the one you mentioned when you press sustain pedal. If it does echo, that means the DirectSound driver of your soundcard is not using hardware accelleration which is below gigasampler/gigastudio requirement.

Yamaha XG is not in the compatibility list in Nemesys\' site. I would get an SB Live! value... for < $50 I think it\'s worth it.

Yeah, short of a GSIF card, the SBLive is the only one I\'d bother with as it is so popular Nemesys have experience with it.

I think we may not be hearing from Nemesys because of the \'Tour\' they\'re doing.

Doesn\'t help me much though. They DID manage to send me an email advertising price drops though ;P

Thanks Abi. Nope. Its only happening with the sustain pedal. I guess I\'ll see what happens when Gadgetlabs releases their Giga compatable driver in the next few months..

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by abi:
    Do me a favor, with your arm, slam as many keys as you possibly can and hold it for a while... Let me know if it echoes just like the one you mentioned when you press sustain pedal. If it does echo, that means the DirectSound driver of your soundcard is not using hardware accelleration which is below gigasampler/gigastudio requirement.

Yamaha XG is not in the compatibility list in Nemesys\' site. I would get an SB Live! value... for < $50 I think it\'s worth it.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go Back to forum