• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: JABB Review in Electronic Musician

Share/Bookmark

JABB Review in Electronic Musician

I just got the new issue of Electronic Musician, which included a glowing review of Garritan's JABB. I just wanted to congratulate Gary on that. Every aspect of the library received either four or five stars, and even the Garritan "online community" got a mention! Under "Cons" in the summary the reviewer wrote "None worth mentioning", which I can tell you is pretty rare to see in EM reviews.

Congrats, Gary!

Re: JABB Review in Electronic Musician

Yes. This review is just stunning.

The product summery says:

PROS: Extensive library of great-sounding instruments. Plentiful and thoughtful array of expressive tools. Terrific user manual and online support. Versatile sound set and programming suitable for any jazz style.

Cons: None worth mentioning.

Congratulations to Gary and Tom for their extraordinary work. I’ll bet the phone is ringing all day with new orders. This is really so cool.

Karl

But of course!

The review simply reflects what we all already know...

Congratulations again, Gary!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Bravo Gary & Tom, Bravo!!!!

The following review convinced me I need to get JABB.

http://www.cakewalknet.com/index.php...id=39&Itemid=2

Why is there so much disparity in the price though? Whereas GPO is fairly standardly priced around $199, I've seen JABB anywhere from $189 to $269.

Thumbs up Re: JABB Review in Electronic Musician

Absolutely, positively, undeniably! You'll be his - you'll be his - you'll be history!
    Under "Cons" in the summary the reviewer wrote "None worth mentioning"
    OK, then I will.... James Conn.

Congratulations Sir Walter Whaler! Tizzzzzz a mighty fine piece of woik you have thar. I think it's about time the local Orcaionians throw a massive island party, mon.
    Styxx

CONGRATULATIONS GARY. JABB is a fine library and your vision has again proven to be the right path for music producers everywhere.......

I am not surprised at the kudos JABB is receiving--what surprises me is the timely, creative tools that you have given to all musical communities.

Best Regards,

jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

The Product Summary also gives the following EM meters:

Features: 5
    Ease of use: 4
    Quality of sounds: 4
    Value: 4

5 = Amazing; as good as it gets with current technology
    4 = Clearly above average; very desirable.

I can't remember the last time EM gave a five in any of the categories.

One question: The version they tested was 1.15. Mine is 1.1.9.003. Did they use a newer version?

Congratulations.

Serge

Now, when do we get to see EM's reviews of GPOA?
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Quote Originally Posted by sergiobklyn
    One question: The version they tested was 1.15. Mine is 1.1.9.003. Did they use a newer version?

Congratulations.

Serge
    It is certainly easy to forget decimal points and hence, seemingly get versions mixed up. Mine is V1.1.9. I think I have the latest. I seem to recall that the reviewer remarked in praise as to how fast an update was posted. I suppose that if the new version was not actually tested, that at least he took into account this update with it's additions and fixes.

Karl

Go Back to forum