• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Ethno Techno Sage Expander

Share/Bookmark

Ethno Techno Sage Expander

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone out there has received and starting using the Ethno Techno Sage Expander yet. I payed for it at Sweetwater Sound quite some time ago but it never was released so I had them refund my money. I am thinking about repurchasing it now. I was just looking for feedback from someone who may be using it now.

Much appreciated,

Ron

Re: Ethno Techno Sage Expander

it is shipping now.
    www.ilio.com.

I have it, and I love it......

rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

I agree, very nice. The parts are split out well, so you can mix and match easily from different pattern. Great add to the Sage kit.

Of all the expanders, I think Ethno Techno is the... how can I put this?... It's the one that I can ALWAYS find places to use it. There are so many little elements, interesting percussive bits that, when thrown thru the FX, make some amazing "ear candy" over all kinds of beats -- from electro to straight up acoustic -- it seems to fit with them ALL.

I think Ethno Techno and Liquid Grooves are the most-used bits from RMX for me. Even when I program the main drum track by hand (which I normally do), I find those two sets give me a million little things to layer on top which fill out the sound and can really add to the groove...

I'm glad I got it.

Thanks for your responses. I'm sold. I am going to reorder it soon.

Ron

Glad you guys are enjoying it. :-)

I produced ET for ILIO as a special project and as a favor to Bashiri - who's a great guy and amazing musician. It's the only non-Spectrasonics sampling product I've produced since my days at Roland.

I have a lot of fond memories of those sessions and all the fun we had in New York at Donald Fagen's studio with all of Bashiri's bizarre instruments.....good times! :-)

Nice to see it finally finished as it's rightful home as an official SAGE Xpander and ET's true uniqueness and usefulness getting more exposure to a wider audience now. I had a lot of fun overseeing the final production and multis of the SAGE Xpander too.

spectrum

Talking Re: Ethno Techno Sage Expander

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    Glad you guys are enjoying it. :-)

I produced ET for ILIO as a special project and as a favor to Bashiri - who's a great guy and amazing musician. It's the only non-Spectrasonics sampling product I've produced since my days at Roland.

spectrum
    What a great one it is!! I have the older original discs which were convereted about 5 minutes after Sage became able to do it.

I love this collection.

Its very streetwise and eclectic in nature.

Truly organic and just bizzare enough to be tastefully fun!!!!! Between it, and Liquid Grooves, I feel really lucky to have such creative and inspirational building blocks.

So thanks again Eric for your gift of ......what's cool and fun!!!!!!

I just received my copy. It is awesome.

Ron

Hello Community,

I was at a MOTU clinic the other day and they demo a CD that they just release or was about to release and it was ALL produced using Ethnos.... The sounds were truly amazing. Never in my life have I heard such warmth and realism coming from a sampler.... Ethnos is great.... Does anyone know the scoop of MachFive's update release date yet...??? It's been a while...

Jaythan

Go Back to forum