• Register
  • Help

Topic: Hardcore Bass XP: Anyone using? (Bass lib advice)

Hardcore Bass XP: Anyone using? (Bass lib advice)

Hardcore Bass XP: Anyone using? (Bass lib advice)

Hello everyone,

I'm a Logic Pro & Kontakt user who is looking to upgrade my bass pallet. Right now Quantum Leap Hardcore Bass XP is on sale, thus I'm looking for some user feedback.

For those who own it, how difficult is it to create realistic bass lines? How much extra processing is involved (e.g. filters, EQ, even amp modulation)? Is the sound pallet limiting?

My main concern is with variety. If I could afford it, I'd love to get Trilogy, as it seems to cover the widest range of possible bass sounds (and being a student film composer, I like that . However, I am starting a progressive rock project, and Hardcore should work well in that application. For those who may be lucky enough to own both Trilogy and Hardcore XP, would it be worth saving up for Trilogy, or go with Hardcore at half the cost? Are there other bass libs out there that are worth checking out, given my prog-rock/film score focus?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Re: Hardcore Bass XP: Anyone using? (Bass lib advice)

This probably wont help that much because I cant give a comparison with Hardcore Bass, but Trilogy is amazing, covers all of the basses (sorry, couldn't help it) and then some.

There's a lot of adjustability in the module, one of my favorites is real time legato slide with adjustable speed. And of course, you're getting a lot of electric basses, fingered, picked, and slapped.. plus great acoustic basses and synth basses.

I own Hardcore Bass XP, Trilogy, Majestic and the Scarbee libraries. (And the funny thing is, I'm a bass player!) I actually think they are all very good and the current price on Hardcore makes it a great deal. The thing it's missing is slap bass, but you can get that from the Scarbee J-Slap library or maybe Chris Hein's Warwick library. Also, it doesn't have upright, but you may have that in an orchestral library...?

As for other libraries to check out, take a look at my softsampling site and scroll down to "Some bass samples and instruments:". If I had to choose just one, I think it would be either Majestic or Trilogy...

Thats what I thought. Thanks everyone for your honest posts! I truly appreciate it. Looks like I'll be saving up for Trilogy

Go Back to forum