• Register
  • Help

Topic: Beach is Moving to LA (and needs help finding a home)

Share/Bookmark

Beach is Moving to LA (and needs help finding a home)

Roberto will be moving to LA, across the ocean from Italy, to take a job with the University of California in L.A. He will be working in a post-doctorate position for a couple of years in the Department of Biochemistry working on cancer research.

He just recently earned his PhD in Biochemistry and Molecular Pathology. Roberto is also a brilliant musician and has produced some of the most wonderful music that has graced this forum.

He will arrive in LA in a couple of weeks but hasn't found a home yet. Maybe some of our LA members would like to meet him. And if anyone can help Roberto find a place please private message him or myself.

All the best Roberto on your new journey!

Gary Garritan

Re: Beach is Moving to LA (and needs help finding a home)

If I lived in LA I would make sure he was well taken cared of and had a place to stay in my own home as an honered guest! Anyone who lets this man in will be one lucky host!
    Would take him in in a heart beat!
    Styxx

Yeah!

America should be proud to have a person of Roberto's excellence as a guest.

I should think we must have some forum folks in that area? (Connecticut would be a bit of a commute...lol.)

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Good luck in your new career, Doctor Rob!

Congratulations on receiving your doctorate! See if you can sneak in some time for music writing.

Best regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Good heavens!

I misread the title of this thread and thought it said:

BACH is moving to LA (and needs help finding a home).....

Blinkin' eck.. gave me a fright

Congrats, Roberto, on your new appointment!
    Good luck
    Jon

If he's going to be at UCLA, he needs to be at or near the campus, which means Westwood - where I *used* to live. Considering that he's moving over during the summer session, I'm surprised that there's not campus housing available in the short-term, while he settles in and gets "the lay of the land".

http://www.housing.ucla.edu/summer/

If he's not part of a special summer session, he might have to rent a room in a private residence near campus - the fraternity houses rent out rooms, and they're always a stone's throw from campus.

http://www.housing.ucla.edu/housing/chosummr.htm

I wish I could be a more direct help.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Smile Re: Beach is Moving to LA (and needs help finding a home)

Thank you very much all!!
    It is really unbelievable how many beautiful people there are in this forum!!
    Thanks again!!

Hey Houston thank you vey much, but actually I am not a student so many of the summer housing offered don't fit my situation.
    And where I can apply I need some interna code that I still need and, basically it is too late because between 7-8 of June I will be there!

Anyway thanks a lot anyway and hope to see you soon!!!

All the best,
    Roberto

Dr. Beach! Please be sure to let me know when you arrive in town! We'll organize an LA GPO users get-together!

Welcome to U.S., Roberto!

I'm sure the trafic in LA is even worse than what we have in Dallas, but all you have to do is refuse to be stressed out, put in a nice classical music cd, relax and enjoy the long drive ignoring all the mad hatters, You'll get to love it there after a while. Life is too short to spend any of it stessed out.

Best regards,
    David

Go Back to forum