• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "The Starry Messenger" to be on CD!

Share/Bookmark

Talking "The Starry Messenger" to be on CD!

I just got a FedEx package from the good people at ERM Media, telling me that "The Starry Messenger" has been selected to be recorded by the Kiev Philharmonic on the CD "Masterworks of the New Era, volume 12!"

My existence is officially validated!
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Re: "The Starry Messenger" to be on CD!

Fantastic news, and congratulations.

Let us know when we can purchase a copy!
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

The letter didn't say anything about a projected release date, but since volume 8 has only just been released, I wouldn't expect volume 12 until next year sometime. I'll keep everyone posted, of course.

Edit: OK, I just read through the contract, and toward the end of it they say that January 15, 2007 is the projected release date. Still, since Volume 8 came out late, I wouldn't be surprised if Vol. 12 is also delayed. These things happen. Not that I would complain too much.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Hi Dan,
    I am happy for you!
    Dan

Thumbs up Re: "The Starry Messenger" to be on CD!

Quote Originally Posted by danpowers
    I just got a FedEx package from the good people at ERM Media, telling me that "The Starry Messenger" has been selected to be recorded by the Kiev Philharmonic on the CD "Masterworks of the New Era, volume 12!"

Oh, wow Dan that is so sweet! I am sooooo happy for you and please do let us know of the release date. Awesome! Ya know, that makes me feel freaking happy! Nice woik bro!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by danpowers

EXCELLENT!

Dan, I am *greatly* pleased to hear this.

Many, many, many congratulations!

All my best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Congrats, Dan! It's really a great piece. The honor is well deserved.

Congrats, Dan. Can't wait to hear a properly recorded version of this piece. Hopefully they have a good brass section!

Jim

Hey Dan

Congratulations! I know the feeling of excitment when you get that package and open it up!

My experience with ERM has been fantastic. Their release date projections are not totally accurate, but they do let a release run its course before releasing another volume on top of it.

My "Semper Fi Fanfare" was recorded in October for Vol 10, but I don't expect to see it until late summer.

I listened to the rendering of "Starry Messenger" on your website and viewed the scored as I listened. That is an awesome, sophisticated and well constructed piece. I love the motivic development, the shape and form and the way you keep the listeners interest. A quick glance at the score shows me why you are in the position your in.

Congratulation again! It's going to be a fun journey for you. Make friends with Robert Winstin...he's a great guy and will take your music to heart.

Ron Williams
    Westminster, CO
    Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our upmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets -- Zoltan Kodaly

Nice One Dan.
    As you may know, I am a huge fan of the piece, and it should be a real thrill when you finally get your hands on the recording.

Are these ERM deals the kind of thing where all the composers cough up the money to pay for the orchestra, and if so, how much do you have to pony up.??

regards Joe

Go Back to forum