• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sblive Plat and GSIF

Share/Bookmark

Sblive Plat and GSIF

Just wandering what the latest is / is there any latest on GSIF with the SBLive Plat.

I know that its not GSIF compliant of course at the moment... not a prob for me (beginner) in every other way.. latency no prob with DirectX, reasonable polyphony with a decent processor/memory etc.. but purely to be able to assign separate effects in GStudio to separate outputs/midi channels (enabled by GSIF irrespective of number of h/w in/outs if Im right) would be a real bonus.

Sorry if this is already covered recently.. but am i right in assuming that in THEORY (i.e s/w driver) it would be more than poss for the SBlive to be GSIF compliant... Has anyone got any comments from Nemesys and/or creative about whether the are/have considering/ed GSIF drivers... Im surprised that there is nothing in the pipeline considering the number of people soley using SBLive with GStudio/Sampler for the less pro/complex type of stuff.

Any news/views particularly from Nemesys support or Creative would be greatfully appreciated! - Thanks

Re: Sblive Plat and GSIF

Excuse me for being cynical but:

Creative make the SB Live!

Emu make hardware samplers.

Creative own Emu.

Emu makes much of the guts of the SB Live! card.

I don\'t see them chasing Nemesys in the near future, or see Nemesys wanting to disclose any info to them either.

Just for the record,this card was made by creative long before they aquired EMU.There are some serious problems with this card as uncovered by Digidesign when they tested cards for the free version of Pro Tools,it seems that the sample and bit rate drift over a period of time during recording causing not only timing problems but the audio quality gets lower the longer your track is not to mention the noisy converters anyway.If I were you I would try and sell this thing pronto as word is getting out(check www.audioforums.com and others)and get something like the M-Audio Audiophile which only goes for $189.00 new,this card has Giga drivers and is 24/96,quiet,has midi i/o.Believe me,you\'ll grow old waiting for creative to come up with any kind of driver improvement,let alone Giga Drivers.

Actually, SB live cards origins can be found by another Creative owned company Ensoniq. Ensoniq has a premier OEM sound card maker for years.

LaMont
    Davis

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chadwick:
    Excuse me for being cynical but:

Creative make the SB Live!

Emu make hardware samplers.

Creative own Emu.

Emu makes much of the guts of the SB Live! card.

I don\'t see them chasing Nemesys in the near future, or see Nemesys wanting to disclose any info to them either.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My guess is that Creative had a deal with Emu prior to buying either Emu or Ensonq:

From the Creative press release for SBLIVE: http://asia.creative.com/press/pfact/sblive.html

Quote:
    Based on the EMU10K1 audio processor, the Sound Blaster Live! can handle multiple simultaneous audio channels offering exceptional quality and flexibility. Each of the audio channels can contain a virtually limitless number of wave-table voices, wave audio samples, CD audio tracks or other audio streams.
    End Quote

Go Back to forum