• Register
  • Help

Topic: post hybrid pianos

post hybrid pianos

Those hybrids are sounding good to me, but I downloaded the Kontakt demo of H2 and am having a heck of a time playing them cleanly. I get clicks, notes dropping out, sometimes odd pedal behavior, notes coming in oddly loud or quiet, things like that.

I've tried lowering the convolution sample rate to 8k or whatever the lowest is, but it didn't really help.

Is the demo buggy, compared to the real thing I'd buy? Do I just not have the hardware for it? I figured it would be enough. I've got a PC running at 2ghz, 1 gig of RAM. 7200rpm external firewire drive for sample data. Kontakt 2.0.2 (not ready to go for their latest due to reported issues between that and older Cubase software.)

Are the hybrids playing cleanly and solidly for you all? Do they handle overload, lots of sustained notes, that sort of thing okay?

Re: post hybrid pianos

Anybody? They sound and seem to respond so well, but the demo is so buggy as to be unusable. I just don't want to give up on it yet, I'm hoping someone will be able to tell me I'm just a doofus and missed some config setting somewhere. By the way, this is on a PC with the newest Kontakt 2.1.1.
    And the Kontakt "Steinway (high cpu)" plays fine, so I have enough horsepower for that one anyway.

My biggest issues with the Hybrid demo are the sustain pedal (sometimes causes notes to have their volume cut by, like 80% it sounds like) and a lot of clicks on release and so on. Again, the K2 Steinway plays fine, including with the pedal and convolution turned on (to max 4 units) and so on.

Re: post hybrid pianos

I never got the demo to work. I sent an email on 7th April but never got a reply. Well, I'm not losing any sleep over it; there are plenty of sampled pianos to choose from.

Go Back to forum