• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Bela D Media | Help Wanted | Expanding Development Team

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Bela D Media | Help Wanted | Expanding Development Team

Company Bio:

Francis Belardino founded Bela D Media.com in 2002 with a straightforward goal of offering imaginative products at affordable prices. Since that time, Bela D Media has grown into a family of talented producers and programmers. Bela D Media continues to expand its product line and customer base to a worldwide audience.

Join Us:

Bela D Media will be adding a new member to our development team. As a company, we seek the individual who is a self-motivated team player with strong audio/sampling skills and the creativity to produce product.

Our development team works more like a family than co-workers, and communication is key. The new member must be available for occasional, scheduled telephone or Internet conferences.

Requirements include:

·
    Access to multi instruments and/or players for sampling sessions.

·
    Experience with Kontakt and GigaStudio/GS3 with strong knowledge of their native scripting functions.

·
    Knowledge of audio editing techniques.

·
    Writing skills to complete a user manual.

·
    Availability for scheduled phone or IM conferences.

Please contact Alan Lastufka and/or upload your resume.

Sincerely,
    Bela D Media.com

Francis Belardino

C.E.O/Producer

Alan Lastufka
    Management/Producer

Aaron Dirk
    Producer

Eduardo Tarilonte
    Producer

Rick Chadwick
    Advanced Editor/Programmer

Ash Foster
    GS3 programming

Steve Chick
    MIDI Utility Designer - PC

Paul Chana
    MIDI Utility Designer - Mac

Brian Schum
    Kontakt 2 Scripting

Günter Hirscher
    Kontakt 2 Scripting

Dawn Belardino
    Administrator
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Re: Bela D Media | Help Wanted | Expanding Development Team

If only I had listened to my mother when I was a child. Like all young boys I used to waste my time on silly, juvenile activities, such as piano practise and music theory. My mother used to tell me how I would regret not spending more time on computer games....

...and now she has been proved right. I find myself woefully underqualified to apply for this dream job. If only I'd taken more interest in PacMan and Sinclair Basic.

Edited- see below!!

Bela,

I just sent you a PM.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    Yes, if you had you would be a more rounded person than you actually are.

You're on a sampling forum. That might imply you make music with samples. People must make the samples. They don't harvest them off the sample bush. It takes good ears and good technical skills.

These are the people that make the tools we use to ply our trade and realize our dreams. I think they deserve some respect. If I somehow misinterpreted the tone of your post then I apologize.
    Massively misinterpreted!!!!!

I have nothing but respect for the developers who provide the samples we all use - and I'm quite genuine about wishing I had the skills. I was just expressing that with a little gentle humour.

I don't know how it is elsewhere, but here in England it's almost universal to hear people saying they wished they had listened to their mother, when she said that piano practise was more important than computer games and football. I was simply turning this regret on its head, since I now find myself wishing I was rather better with computers.

Sorry if I caused any offence, but it certainly wasn't intended.

I don't know how it is elsewhere, but here in England it's almost universal to hear people saying they wished they had listened to their mother, when she said that piano practise was more important than computer games and football.
    Hehe, I know this well and have suffered the consiquences - now I'm older and a little wiser I really wish I could play the piano better than I currently can! (Although if anyone wants to play a few rounds of Street Fighter 2...)

This too looks like a perfect job oppertunity for me (especially having just finished University and looking for work), but my current location would probably make things unfeasable. Would you mind moving your base of operations over to the UK?

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Actually, making sample libraries isn't the dream job one might imagine, anyway.

Everything about producing samples is very tedious and very tight on tolerances. You can't make too many mistakes or it can cost you a lot of money to make them right. Sometimes, despite your best plans, something unforseen might take you all the way back to square one, despite the fact you've spent your budget already.

Upon emerging from the leg-irons of the production process, you'd get to deal with creating all the retail and supporting materials, and tech-supporting a bunch of people who mostly have no idea what they're doing, yet truly believe that because they spent $300 with you that you have taken on sole responsibility for holding their little weewees while they learn the most basic production skills.

Then you'd get the unique pleasure of dealing with a whole other set of customers whose sum career output is bitching about how much your work sucks, and how they could have done it so much better than a moron like you, and if only someone would finally get it, then they could create music. When you explain that a good musician should be able to create magic with nothing but thin air and talent, these people disappear, but not before Googling your company name reveals their voluminous output on your alleged crapulence.

Dream job.

Oh, well then I'm REALLY sorry!! It seemed like a really condescending post the way I was reading it- no smileys or anything- and I wanted to stick up for Frank!

MY BAD, EVERYONE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu
    Massively misinterpreted!!!!!

I have nothing but respect for the developers who provide the samples we all use - and I'm quite genuine about wishing I had the skills. I was just expressing that with a little gentle humour.

I don't know how it is elsewhere, but here in England it's almost universal to hear people saying they wished they had listened to their mother, when she said that piano practise was more important than computer games and football. I was simply turning this regret on its head, since I now find myself wishing I was rather better with computers.

Sorry if I caused any offence, but it certainly wasn't intended.

Quote Originally Posted by navidson
    but my current location would probably make things unfeasable. Would you mind moving your base of operations over to the UK?
    Actually... it makes no difference. Our newest producer lives in Spain. Now what in the world could he be sampling? Hmmmm?

PS. Too funny Bruce
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Ah, Bruce, I need to visit here more often. Everything in this post is pretty spot on. But I love the hell out of my job anyway, it's taught me a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson
    Actually, making sample libraries isn't the dream job one might imagine, anyway.

Everything about producing samples is very tedious and very tight on tolerances. You can't make too many mistakes or it can cost you a lot of money to make them right. Sometimes, despite your best plans, something unforseen might take you all the way back to square one, despite the fact you've spent your budget already.

Upon emerging from the leg-irons of the production process, you'd get to deal with creating all the retail and supporting materials, and tech-supporting a bunch of people who mostly have no idea what they're doing, yet truly believe that because they spent $300 with you that you have taken on sole responsibility for holding their little weewees while they learn the most basic production skills.

Then you'd get the unique pleasure of dealing with a whole other set of customers whose sum career output is bitching about how much your work sucks, and how they could have done it so much better than a moron like you, and if only someone would finally get it, then they could create music. When you explain that a good musician should be able to create magic with nothing but thin air and talent, these people disappear, but not before Googling your company name reveals their voluminous output on your alleged crapulence.

Dream job.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Go Back to forum