• Register
  • Help
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Topic: What do you think of the course so far?

Share/Bookmark

Re: What do you think of the course so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    I don't know if this would be an easy or hard html thing to do, but it would be nice if the black banner at top (or window or border or whatever it is called, the... page header?) could be temporarily turned off or rolled up so the full score can be viewed while playing.
    That's got nothing to do with HTML at all, if I understand correctly what you're talking about. It's entirely browser-dependent. Many browsers can get rid of it; look through the menus and the help text and see if yours can. Or see if you can size your browser window a little larger than your actual screen size.
    Marnen E. Laibow-Koser
    Composer / Web developer
    http://www.marnen.org

Quote Originally Posted by grenal1
    Hi Gary
    For now , I'm not able to hear mp3 in real time, so I've not
    yet begun the course, is there a way to download the mp3 examples ?
    Thanks
    Alain
    You left click the link to just play it, but to save you right click instead, then from the menu that appears, you left click "save link as" and then click save. (before you click save you can choose the location like desktop or some folder like documents)

This is works for the mp3 links, midi links, and score links in the exercises but not for the examples that are accompanied by the online player, as far as I can tell.

Thanks jazzobiz and marnen for your erudite discussion of transposing instruments. Makes sense now.

Carl

I just wish it was moving slower. I have SO MUCH going on in my life, I just don't have time to keep up with the class. Hopefully this will stay online for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    I thought about making the files available. The problem is that some people have Finale, others Sibeliiius, others Overture, Noteworthy or Sonar, ProTools, Cubase, Logic, Garageband, Tracktion, Digital Performer, MasterTracks, Orion, FL Studio, encore, MIDInotate, Capella, Band in a Box, Digital Orchestrator, SuperConductor, MIDI Maestro, Nuendo, Samplitute, SAW, etc. etc.

If a file was made in one format, others would be excluded. MusicXML may provide a way for many people to use the same files. This is important to us and we have something we are working on in the future where everyone may be able to share the same experience.

Gary Garritan
    good point, but why not include the sound files as cubas files. You include the program in your product so everyone should have it. Unless we can compare what r-k did vs. the other options as to what he could have done, you have not provided anything other then CD exerpts. Don't get me wrong, that is cool, it is just not maximizing the potential.

Hi
    Thanks leaf ... but it seems that on right click I have not
    the option "Save target link as" as usual ... on which item do you right click exactly to be able to download the mp3 ?
    I have tried on the play button, on the score, etc. but
    it does not propose me the option ...

???
    I'm impatient to find the solution for download as I 'm getting very late for lessons ...
    Thanks
    grenal1

thank you gary,
    the course takes the book to new hights.
    Sound to Score, thats one of the things i've missed in the book.
    But now, very very good work.
    Go on and on

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by grenal1
    Hi
    Thanks leaf ... but it seems that on right click I have not
    the option "Save target link as" as usual ... on which item do you right click exactly to be able to download the mp3 ?
    I have tried on the play button, on the score, etc. but
    it does not propose me the option ...

???
    I'm impatient to find the solution for download as I 'm getting very late for lessons ...
    Thanks
    grenal1
    I don't think there is a way to save those examples that have the player, I wish you could but don't think you can.

It's down below them when you come to the exercises, that you can save a backgroung mp3, a midi file, and a score for the exercise.

This course is a fun way to learn. Thanks

Go Back to forum