I am a new member of this forum and don't have GPO yet, so this question seems a bit odd in the GPO forum. And it is.
I've read a lot about it, listened to the demo's, searched the net for reviews and user experiences and since yesterday I struggled along the threads in this forum.
The latest message puzzled me the most, about not getting the controllers to work under Sonar5 Prod. And besides that, what puzzles me is the use of the MOD wheel. I hope the package comes with a manual to explain why and what you can do with it.
The way I do things up to now (for piano only) is the following and I plan to go on doing this for orchestra also [PC under Windows XP];
Now Garritan. I have an orchestral score, exported to MIDI, I open this MIDI file into Sonar, assign the appropriate VST instrument [violins, etc....]
- Notation program exports to MIDI,
- MIDI imported into Cubasis 5.0 [from now it shall be Sonar],
- MIDI edited by Cubasis, and sometimes by Midi Maestro,
- Assigning The Grand 2 to the midi channels,
- listen to the output,
- edit the midi file [5 and 6 are cyclic events until it is to my liking], on velocity, sustain, etc....
- export to wave file at the highest possible rates,
- edit audiofile with Adobe Audition.
The rest is quite the same as for piano solo.
Is it as easy as I think it is? Or should I be or become a MIDI technician/programmer, amending all sorts of CC's?
Raymond - who is planning to buy the package tomorrow