• Register
  • Help

Topic: Terratec EWS88MT & Athlon thunderbird

Share/Bookmark

Terratec EWS88MT & Athlon thunderbird

Hi guys.
    Has someone tried to use such a configuration described in the subject?
    I\'m asking to You all because Terratec (which is informative and helpful) representatives told me that there should be no problems at all. I only would to know if someone of You have experience with that setup. I\'m considering to buy a 1 GHz T-bird (abit mainboard) and I already own the Terratec and Gigasampler (standard version).

Thank You all in advance for Your replies.

Davide,
    from Italy

------------------

Re: Terratec EWS88MT & Athlon thunderbird

I hope you don\'t have the problems I have had with the Terratec EWS88MT...

I\'m running a PIII 700 on an Asus CUS L2 motherboard and using Win98SE, Cakewalk 9.02, and GigaStudio 2.01 or whatever that patch is...

When I use the Nemesys MIDI Port (The GigaStudio equivalent of GigaSampler\'s Endless Wave) in Cakealk Giga works fine but Cake can\'t play audio. Also every now and then all sound quits in the Terratec and I have to reimage the computer (I made a ghost image of the system drive so I don\'t have to reinstall windows manually every 3 days when this happens. This sucks.)

I think the Terratec has a lot to do with what\'s going on so tonight I\'m going to put the DMan 2044 from my old machine into this one and take out the Terratec and see if this happens. The DMan sucks by the way (good sound, but causes strange system instability in some systems especially AMD K6II systems from my experience).

How long have you been using the Terratec? Have you had any problems with it?

I have tha same problems as you guys!
    My setup: Cakewalk Pro Audio 9.3 and EWS88 MT and GigaStudio 96.
    The Terratec soundcards sucks!!!
    Im loosing the connection to the soundcard all the time! It is impossible to play audio from Cakewalk and GigaStudio at the same time! Terratec admitted this to me by E-Mail! They are working on something they say, but nothing happens!
    And I thought that German stuf was good genuin stuff!!! I was dead wrong!!!!
    If you guys find a solution to this problem, please mail it!!
    Regards Mogens
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by avestriel:
    I hope you don\'t have the problems I have had with the Terratec EWS88MT...

I\'m running a PIII 700 on an Asus CUS L2 motherboard and using Win98SE, Cakewalk 9.02, and GigaStudio 2.01 or whatever that patch is...

When I use the Nemesys MIDI Port (The GigaStudio equivalent of GigaSampler\'s Endless Wave) in Cakealk Giga works fine but Cake can\'t play audio. Also every now and then all sound quits in the Terratec and I have to reimage the computer (I made a ghost image of the system drive so I don\'t have to reinstall windows manually every 3 days when this happens. This sucks.)

I think the Terratec has a lot to do with what\'s going on so tonight I\'m going to put the DMan 2044 from my old machine into this one and take out the Terratec and see if this happens. The DMan sucks by the way (good sound, but causes strange system instability in some systems especially AMD K6II systems from my experience).

How long have you been using the Terratec? Have you had any problems with it?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by mole (edited 12-11-2000).]

I have a similar problem using the EWS88D on a dedicated computer for GigaStudio.I find that sometimes neither the Audio or Midi works. The only solution I\'ve found is to remove the Terratec drivers and re install them.This usually needs a couple of re boots.When it is working I find the card sounds very good without noticable latency.I\'m piping the GS outputs into an RME Hammerfall on a separate computer running Logic Audio Windows.
    Cheers
    Martin B.

Go Back to forum