• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga and M-Audio 410

Share/Bookmark

Giga and M-Audio 410

Does anyone know if an M-Audio Firewire 410 interface will work with Giga 3?

Peace

rikp

Re: Giga and M-Audio 410

Bump!

Peace

rikp

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

I think you'll have to make a call to M-Audio on that one. I can't find anything that says specifically that it does or doesn't support GSIF.

I know the Delta 1010 does, for $100 more street price. But that's a PCI board, and doesn't have the same i/o profile. Unfortunately, the MIDI interface also bleeds into the audio stream, so it is not an interface I really recommend any more (unless you can completely forego using the built-in MIDI).

That's a tough value/price point. If you go up a few hundred dollars, your choices get a lot better.

Thanks Bruce for taking the time to answer my post. I too, have had a hard time finding out any info. I may have to jump up the extra $$ to make this work.

This is for a second Dell in my recording studio. I purchased a Dakota card (I already have a Dell running one and it is great). To make a long story short, the card will not fit into the newest Dell. I am a Mac guy, and this just does not make sense to me. Anyway, I am looking to find another way to go.

Thanks again.

Peace

rikp

Wink Re: Giga and M-Audio 410

Quote Originally Posted by rikp
    Does anyone know if an M-Audio Firewire 410 interface will work with Giga 3?

Peace

rikp
    I have been using the 410 with GS3 for a year now with no proplems.

Same here,

:-) Jovan
    the man with the blue guitar

Works great on my giga3 setup. Even though I use wormhole and mol now. But it keeps gigastudio turning on.
    best,
    GT

Go Back to forum