• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sound cards that can replace my mixer

Share/Bookmark

Sound cards that can replace my mixer

Does anyone out there know of some good soundcards with built-in mixing capabilities? My main purpose for getting something like this would be so that I can control the levels of my synths with the soundcard without having to use an external mixer.

Re: Sound cards that can replace my mixer

2 answers:
    Pulsar series from creamware or
    Mixtreme from Soundscape.
    You\'ll need good external converters also (the companies mentioned sell A/D/A converters). This way using cards\' software You\'ll be able to replace Your mixer and also to apply hardware effects without affecting latency.

The cards have a good giga driver also.

Have fun,
    Davide

There\'s many more:

Direct Pro series from Aardvark (look at LX6)
    Egosys Wamirack
    Hoontech, ...

Thanks for the replies. At the moment I have a 6-channel mixer which is running three synthesisers. I don\'t have the need for digital ins and outs, so what would be the best mixer-in-a-soundcard option which can take all my synths?

The Delta 44 or 66 card together with Omni I/O

I use two Yamaha DSP Factories, two Yamaha ADAT interface cards, and two Alesis AI3 lightpipe to analoge 8 in 8 out converters. To control this I use Cmexx\'s C-Console software. I couldn\'t be happier.

Laurence Kingston

Lawrence,

I am matching your system,
    Two DSPF with C-Console.

And I am using two other computers with Dakotas, one for Gigastudio, and one for Cakewalk which will feed the DSPF mixing computer.

I am clocking everything with an external converter.

Do you see any roadblocks in setting this up? Anything I should look out for?

thanks,
    mars

Mixtreme allows you to combine the external inputs from your synths with streams from the PC (ie. GS, VST, Cakewalk etc.) in the same mixer. The mixer structure is completely user configurable and so you can create exactly what you need. The DSP plug-ins can also be used in real-time with external inputs.

There\'s a Soundscape application that comes with Mixtreme called Console Manager and this allow the faders/pans/effects to be controlled via MIDI controller messages, so you could use your keyboard to control the mixer in Mixtreme.

Stu

Go Back to forum