Hello everyone. I'm in the middle of a studio upgrade, and I've run into a problem I can't figure out. I just finished adding a new PC to my studio, which means I now have two computers -- a Mac G5 running Kontakt 2, and a PC connected to Digi 002 and running Pro Tools LE 7. I've installed an RME Hammerfall DIGI 9636 into the Mac so that I can run light pipe from the RME to the 002. I have everything set up fine MIDI-wise, and the RME seems to be registering good sync lock through the light pipe. The G5 is sending the audio from Kontakt 2 through the light pipe and into the Pro Tools session via the 002. But things are very erratic.

When using a StormDrum loop, the Kontakt program will freeze up for a minute or so and I'll get an error that states "Event cue overflow, wrong time parameter in wait statement". I have no idea what that error message means.

With other instruments (such as an EWQLSO string patch) the audio from Kontakt 2 will initially sound fine for a few moments, then drop out, then return, then drop out again, followed by a momentary loss of sync lock. Pro Tools on the PC will revert to internal sync, but once I reset Pro Tools to ADAT sync it will lock again without trouble. I've tried swapping out the toslink cables to fix the problem, without any improvement in the situation.

Has anyone else run into these kind of problems with a DIGI 9636? And if so, is there a possible solution I could try? Thanks in advance for your help!

(Studio hardware: Dual 2.5 GHz PowerPC G5 with 8 GB DDR SDRAM running Kontakt version 2.1.0, RME Hammerfall DIGI 9636 installed in the G5, CreationStation RackDual PC with Intel Pentium D CPU 3.2 GHz and 2 GB of RAM running Pro Tools LE 7.0 with DIGI 002)