• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Scarbee Imperial Drums XL shipped

Share/Bookmark

Scarbee Imperial Drums XL shipped

Anybody else took advantage of the Scarbee 50% off sale?
    I'm looking forward to hear this!
    I'm hoping for hihat's that can open gradually/continously.
    On the few occasions i've been playing with BFD or DFH that's been lacking.
    It seems those libraries have a lot of samples, everything bleeding everywhere, and a lot of different dynamic layers, but not this.
    I would rather have a bit less dynamic layers if I could simulate a drummer going from almost closed hihat to completely open in a realistic way.
    Also, when doing drum-sessions and recording some one-shots, I've noticed there's often a different sound and attitude between for example snares extracted from an actual performance and the one-shots.
    A lot of drummers sort of press the stick more or less to the skin while playing, but loose the feel and the attack when doing samples.

So far I've been doing my own hihat/cymbal loops, sliced them up and exported to EXS24. Always better results, especially for rock, then what I've heard so far from libraries.
    Maybe something for the developers to think about?
    Any thoughts from Scarbee users?

Thumbs up Re: Scarbee Imperial Drums XL shipped

You're going to LOVE the hats in SID XL... close-to-open, edge-to-bell... continuous control... they ROCK.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Re: Scarbee Imperial Drums XL shipped

Sounds great!
    Now hoping for Halion to behave in Logic with Digi HD Accel hardware...

I heard there is a bug in Logic 7.2 regarding the outputs.
    If I use it in stereo mode, is there a way to bounce to multi-track audio-files like Superior?
    Otherwise maybe I should wait with the installation of the lates version of Logic?

Am I right in thinking there is no mic bleed on this library?

Quote Originally Posted by Len
    Am I right in thinking there is no mic bleed on this library?
    No - there is bleed - it's just that they sampled the bleed individually on a per-mic basis in a multi-mic setup. That way, it is selectable and controllable like everything else in this VI. You get Quick Controls to set the amount of, say, the bleed of the kick into the overheads, or into the snare mic, etc. It's selective, and one of the most important factors in creating a kit's "sound".

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer

Sounds great!
    Now hoping for Halion to behave in Logic with Digi HD Accel hardware...

I heard there is a bug in Logic 7.2 regarding the outputs.
    If I use it in stereo mode, is there a way to bounce to multi-track audio-files like Superior?
    Otherwise maybe I should wait with the installation of the lates version of Logic?
    Hmmm - you should probably ask SCARBEE about this. The first thing I would do is download the latest version of the HALion player.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Haynes
    Hmmm - you should probably ask SCARBEE about this. The first thing I would do is download the latest version of the HALion player.

hi, if i have bfd can i convert scarbee drums and use them without halion?

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Haynes
    No - there is bleed - it's just that they sampled the bleed individually on a per-mic basis in a multi-mic setup. That way, it is selectable and controllable like everything else in this VI. You get Quick Controls to set the amount of, say, the bleed of the kick into the overheads, or into the snare mic, etc. It's selective, and one of the most important factors in creating a kit's "sound".
    Darn - I skipped the sale on that mistaken assumption!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer
    Anybody else took advantage of the Scarbee 50% off sale?
    I'm looking forward to hear this!
    I'm hoping for hihat's that can open gradually/continously.
    On the few occasions i've been playing with BFD or DFH that's been lacking.
    It seems those libraries have a lot of samples, everything bleeding everywhere, and a lot of different dynamic layers, but not this.
    I would rather have a bit less dynamic layers if I could simulate a drummer going from almost closed hihat to completely open in a realistic way.
    Also, when doing drum-sessions and recording some one-shots, I've noticed there's often a different sound and attitude between for example snares extracted from an actual performance and the one-shots.
    A lot of drummers sort of press the stick more or less to the skin while playing, but loose the feel and the attack when doing samples.

So far I've been doing my own hihat/cymbal loops, sliced them up and exported to EXS24. Always better results, especially for rock, then what I've heard so far from libraries.
    Maybe something for the developers to think about?
    Any thoughts from Scarbee users?

Wish I had known about this sale, I definitely would have picked up a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Christo7
    Wish I had known about this sale, I definitely would have picked up a copy.
    You need to put this site in your daily must-check list..

Go Back to forum