• Register
  • Help

Topic: Great for Classical, contemporary issues

Share/Bookmark

Great for Classical, contemporary issues

I tried to incorporate the Strad into a country/rock project i was doing for a client. I found the tone to be all wrong. Very "honky" , flat and thin in that context.

Sounds divine doing solo's with orchestral backing. Any thoughts on this? Am I doing something wrong? Would love the Strad to be as versatile as I thought it could be. Maybe I am asking too much.. Thoughts???

Best ,

CH

Re: Great for Classical, contemporary issues

Quote Originally Posted by CHudson
    I tried to incorporate the Strad into a country/rock project i was doing for a client. I found the tone to be all wrong. Very "honky" , flat and thin in that context.

Sounds divine doing solo's with orchestral backing. Any thoughts on this? Am I doing something wrong? Would love the Strad to be as versatile as I thought it could be. Maybe I am asking too much.. Thoughts???

Best ,

CH
    CHudson,
    There have been excellent country and rock demos so we know the Strad is quite capable in these genres. Have you tried using the various controllers? This is a real-time playable instrument and if you're using it like traditional sampled instruments you may not get the results you are after. Judicious use of EQ and effects may also help the instrument fit in the mix.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum