• Register
  • Help

Topic: need help with possible faulty disc

Share/Bookmark

need help with possible faulty disc

When I copy the files from the Stradivari disc, I only come up with 408 MB in The Stradivari Violin V 1.06 folder and 97.4 KB in the Kontakt Instrument folder. When I try to load the Stradivari in Kontakt, I get a missing files message that I can't seem to get resolved. No matter how I search for the files, I can't get Kontakt to find them.
    Do I have a bad disc? I get a message about "cyclic redundancy check" when I try to copy from the disc. Any help would be appreciated.
    Regards, John

Re: need help with possible faulty disc

Why not update to version 1.07? Maybe that will solve your problem.

I tried the update. When I attempt to load either version in Kontakt, I get a message "missing 935 files" and using either automatic or manual search methods won't resolve it. So, the folder contains 408 MB of samples plus the 97.4 KB Kontakt Instrument. If I'm reading things correctly, I should have 520 MB of samples. Does the difference equal the missing 935 files?
    Regards, John

My Samples folder consists of 520 MB incl. 356 KB IR Samples. It does indeed look like you are short of 112 MB.

The difference does not equal 935 files. The smallest file is 122 KB, the rest being substantially larger, up to 1.61 MB.

There are, btw, 944 .wav files in the Samples folder, and 4 in the IR Samples folder.

Thank you for the information and reply. I need to contact Garritan to see what to do next.
    John

Bigears,

It could be a problem with the disc if there is a "cyclic redundancy check". Please email me your address and I will send a new disc.

Gary Garritan

Success!!!! Gary sent me a new disc for the Strad. I copied it onto my hard drive, checked to see if the folder contained 520MB, (Yay!) updated the Kontakt database and have been enjoying playing the Stadivari Violin at last! Thanks Gary!
    John

Go Back to forum