• Register
  • Help

Topic: Dynamic filter: Need help

Share/Bookmark

Dynamic filter: Need help

Hello,
    I want to use dynamic filter but I think I must convert all the wav 16 bit in 24bit ?but the wavpool vonverter tells me not possible to convert 16 bit in 24 bit ...So how can we do it ? and add the dynamic filter?
    Thanks for an answer
    Best regards
    Dup

Re: Dynamic filter: Need help

Unfortunately, you need to export the 16-bit samples, convert them to 24-bit in a program like SoundForge, and then create another gig.

I haven't done that yet, but have considered it for some instruments. The DEF rocks!

I'm sure that there are quick, easy ways to do this, and some tedious, slow ways as well. I haven't worked out the recipe yet...

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it is possible within Gigaeditor to convert the samples to 24 bit.

There is a function called " Convert wave pool format ", from there you can choose between different 16 bit and 24 bit conversion options.
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

Quote Originally Posted by Przemek K.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it is possible within Gigaeditor to convert the samples to 24 bit.

There is a function called " Convert wave pool format ", from there you can choose between different 16 bit and 24 bit conversion options.
    Thanks for your answer, but when I try this, the report from convert wave pool is : impossible to convert from 16bit to 24 bit"
    So..somebodyelse perhaps
    Thanks best regards
    Dup

I get the same result. Giga can down-convert, but it apparently doesn't up convert.

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    I get the same result. Giga can down-convert, but it apparently doesn't up convert.

You are right, just tried it.

Hopefully Giga 4 will be able to do it
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

Does anyone have recommendations for a shareware or freeware utility to upconvert 16 bit samples to 24 bit samples?

I'd like to experiment with the dyanamic expression filter on some of my old libraries and would appreciate any tips on the best way to do this.

Paul

Thanks for recommending Audacity. Audacity worked fine for converting 16 bit samples to 24 bit.

It took a while to convert my first instrument to 24 bit and apply the DEF filter, but hopefully it will get faster with practice. First experiment with a QL Brass trumpet sounds really good.

Paul

Go Back to forum