• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Separate Sections Release?

Share/Bookmark

Separate Sections Release?

I've been asked by several people whether or not each orchestral section (strings, brass, woodwinds) of KHSO Emerald would be available for purchase. My initial response was to turn down the idea. However, after getting additional requests for this, and getting reports of how well the sections actually mix with other sample libraries, (especially the strings) I thought that maybe I should get more opinions on this.

So what do you think?

Thanks!

Re: Separate Sections Release?

Yes please! I have never needed a complete orchestra - I do Pop/R&B - but that doesn't mean I don't want great samples for the instruments i do use, ie: strings, french horns.

Great idea!
    Will there be the possibility to upgrade to the full orchestra? Would be nice.
    Since I knew of your library I wished there would be demo versions of some instruments (1 octave) but getting sections seperately to start with is even better.
    I'm looking forward to this!

Regards,
    Justus

Weren't the Chamber Strings available seperately at one time? When I checked your site a while ago, it seemed that was no longer the case. Please reconsider releasing them seperately, at least.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

I am currently shopping around (though I'm rather non-committal on making another purchase at the moment) for a library to mix with my current strings... so strings-only packages are my main interest right now.

I like your strings quite a bit, but really don't want or need the whole orchestral package and find some of the other contemporary strings-only solutions (SISS and VSL) to be much too pricey for a mixing lib.

So... it's extremely desirable, from my end, if your Emerald strings were available just on their own. That'd make my purchasing decision a whole lot easier!

-Tom

Quote Originally Posted by danpowers
    Weren't the Chamber Strings available seperately at one time? When I checked your site a while ago, it seemed that was no longer the case. Please reconsider releasing them seperately, at least.
    The Chamber Strings were available separately for a short time. But since solo strings and solo brass and solo woodwinds were in the Emerald orchestral set, it kind of made sense to go ahead and include the Chamber Strings too. Call it "bang for the buck" I guess.

At any rate, if I continue to get a positive response about this here, I'll start putting together a plan to make the sections, if not even individual instruments available starting next week.

Hi Kirk,

Yes. I think it would be a good selling point to sell them separately.

The strings do mix very well with anything I use, and I've also begun to use the wwinds and brass more and am finding the same to be true of them also.

I actually can't imagine musical work without Emerald at this point ...
    well I can ... but the image is pretty empty and limiting.

Being new to orchestral work, Emerald has made a major impression on me.
    The playability of the instruments lends very well to spontaneous creativity
    and also makes for much less work when mixing, to get things finished.

I liken my experience with Emerald to playing a well crafted physical instrument built and set up by a master craftsman.

When these types of instruments are played, the character and focus of the master is evident in how it feels in the hands of the player.

It becomes easier to realize the subtleties of expression with greatly crafted tools.

Thank you!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by KirkHunter
    The Chamber Strings were available separately for a short time. But since solo strings and solo brass and solo woodwinds were in the Emerald orchestral set, it kind of made sense to go ahead and include the Chamber Strings too. Call it "bang for the buck" I guess.

At any rate, if I continue to get a positive response about this here, I'll start putting together a plan to make the sections, if not even individual instruments available starting next week.
    And if you then make them downloadable you might have quite a deal on your hands

Separate sections are a great idea. I don't know about others, but when something is available for under $100, it might become an impulse buy - especially when its on sale. Anything over $200 is definitely "talk with the wife" territory. And anything over $500 is "husband, you don't need it" territory.)

Downloads would be especially nice. Impulse buys are about "now", and downloads are as close to "now" as we can get.

It's a very smart way to do sales, and I'm surprised more developers don't do it. I'm almost 100% certain developers will make more money if they sold sections seperately, as there are definitely people out there who just want a set of strings and have no need for orchestral percussion or woodwinds..etc.

Go Back to forum