• Register
  • Help

Topic: Using both stereo & multi-timbral GPO in Logic causes big problems...

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Using both stereo & multi-timbral GPO in Logic causes big problems...

Logic can be configured to allow independent automation (and outputs) of each part in a multi-timbral GPO plugin. This involves configuring Logic's "environment" to provide this functionality but it works like a charm

However, BIG problems arise if I then add another GPO plug that's not of the multi-timbral variety (i.e., the stereo version). Then things start to "break" in Logic:

a) sounds from the multi-timbral GPO plug routed to separate outputs (Auxes) will also appear in the main audio instrument channel and will sound distorted at times.

b) playback of track volume automation for the multi-timbral GPO plug results in distortion and a horrible ratcheting/zipper sounds in the additional outputs.

Solution: remove the stereo versions of GPO! BUT WAIT... Shouldn't I be able to mix and match stereo and multi-timbral versions of the same plug without such ill effects?

Can anyone shed light on this situation? Is this a Logic thing or a GPO/Kontakt Player thing?
    Last edited by orkguy; 06-10-2006 at 02:11 PM. Reason: simplifying the wording of the post...

Re: Using both stereo & multi-timbral GPO in Logic causes big problems...

Wow, posted this in June and no replies... it's still an issue too...

Gary, I see that you've contacted NI on behalf of other GPO users who run Logic. Think you might be able to do the same for this issue? Would be much appreciated.

Go Back to forum