• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: I have "the big C"

I have "the big C"

I wanted to share this with my "music family" here on the forum. I apologize for the depressing nature of this post.

My urologist called me yesterday and informed me that the results of a biopsy procedure that I underwent last week show that I have prostate cancer. It was devastating news, of course.

I will see this physician next week in order to discuss treatment. Wish me luck, please. I still have much music remaining inside.

You all mean a lot to me.

My best to all,

Larry Alexander
    Larry G. Alexander

Hong Kong, CHINA

Re: I have "the big C"

I have NEVER communicated with you directly on this forum, but have read many, many of your posts -- I am sorry to hear this news, and my heart feels for you.

I'm sure many who you know from this forum will voice their support -- but even though you don't know me, I want to give you mine, too.

You're in my thoughts and prayers -- keep us posted, obviously.

Budleigh Salterton

They can get rid of that Larry - I'm sure you'll pull through all of this. I'm betting on you Larry.

Rarely post on this forum, but it's impossible to avoid seeing how much you've contributed - and will continue to contribute.

Best wishes with everything - you've got a lot of virtual support!

Many thanks to the three of you for your support. I appreciate it.

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander

May God Bless you and show you through this. My best in your recovery.

Your musical friend

Larry, as someone working to finally finish his medical studies I can tell you one thing: Prostate cancer is fairly common nowadays and the diagnose today is far from being as tragic as it was some years ago. There exist many good treatments for this particular disease. But one thing remains constant: Don't let it get your spirits down! That way you will always win.

You've got all my best wishes!
    Greetings from Vienna!
    My website: Above the staff.net

Larry, Don’t jump to conclusions. Wait and talk to your doctor. My dad had prostrate cancer for years. He died but not from prostrate cancer.
    God blesses us all the time, sometimes it’s a little harder to see the blessing.

So sorry to hear the news. But as the other posters have said, there are many options, and treatments can - and are - very effective. I do know that a positive attitude is also an asset - and you've shown time and time again a great sense of humor; my guess is that a great spirit comes with that, too.

All the best.

This is sad news indeed. Yes, people pull through this kind of thing, but it's a long and bumpy road. And you feel like a very close friend living just on the other side of my computer monitor, so I wish you all the strength and courage to come out the other side an even better person than you already are.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Go Back to forum