• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giovani LE Boys/Girls Choir?

Share/Bookmark

Giovani LE Boys/Girls Choir?

Hello,

I see on the Bela D Media site two new products coming soon but I haven't seen any info on either the site or the board about these two products. Looks like Giovani split into the Girls/Boys section. Perhaps LE stands for Light Edition? Looks exciting! I've got a boys choir already and have wanted a girls choir for some time; just didn't want to spend $400 for it. Well I'm excited!

Anyone else see any offical announcments?

edit: link -> http://www.beladmedia.com/products-main.htm

Re: Giovani LE Boys/Girls Choir?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske
    the type of vowel sound the director is going for will have more impact.
    Did you know it becomes impossible to distinguish vowel sounds somewhere in the range of a soprano, because the fundamental frequency of a note becomes higher than the important formants which allow us to recognise vowels. I guess we must get a lot of our vowel information from the context of whole words.

You know, there really isn't much difference between a boys and girls choir. At a young age, voices are very similar. What's going to make a difference between between the sound of choirs is the training and coaching. In other words, the type of vowel sound the director is going for will have more impact. The general talent level of the singers, and acoustics of the sampling environment will certainly also make a difference.

Here's a link to an interesting paper on this subject...

http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~dmh8/papers/bg-icmpc02.pdf

Lee Blaske
    Hi Lee!! I though the same till I bought Giovani. Girls sound very different than boys. Just load a GIO boy patch and the same patch with girls. You will see a clear difference. Also girls reach higher than boys.
    The difference is clear in the demo by Rob Elliot Boys and Girls Frolic.
    Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

You know, there really isn't much difference between a boys and girls choir. At a young age, voices are very similar.
    While I agree there is not a lot of difference, I have to say there most certainly is one. An all Boys choir does not sound like an all girls choir; though they do sound similar. Plus a childrens choir (boys & girls) has a different quality to it than just boys alone.

Dear JPGIII,

Thank you for your inquiry. We have not made an official announcement to date. LE does in deed stand for LITE EDITION. NSS poll results had shown that 41% of its readers would have interests in a lie edition and another 44% at KvR. I am not at liberty to discuss price or format at this time. Stay tuned.

Dear Lee,

There is some truth to what you are trying to convey. Youth vocals have yet to develop fully and the differences are subtle. However, it is not so subtle when considering that the girls of Giovani have sung on international tours, singing with the girls' choirs of Wells, Exeter and Bristol Cathedrals and recording with the Bramdean School choir for Novello publications.
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Thanks for the Reply! It's great to see that you are listening to both future and current customers. I look forward to the offical announcement!

Quote Originally Posted by JPGIII
    Thanks for the Reply! It's great to see that you are listening to both future and current customers. I look forward to the offical announcement!
    Thank you JPGIII. We try our best.
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Go Back to forum