• Register
  • Help

Topic: Could not find sample Message in JABB

Could not find sample Message in JABB

I'm new with this program, but I keep getting this message about not finding the sample and I try the auto search and manual search, but the message won't go away. Any help would be great.

Re: Could not find sample Message in JABB

Check in the player's Options menu to see that the pathway to the sample location is correct. This problem usually arises when users override the default C Drive location for the samples at the time of installation. We strongly recommend that users let the program install the samples on the C drive to avoid this issue. Since all samples are intended to be loaded in RAM no performance advantage is gained by placing the samples on another drive. Anyway, if the samples are placed on a drive other than the C Drive then the pathway in the Options menu must be correct for the samples to be located.

Hey Tom,

Thanks for the reply. I checked the path and it is correct, however the program doesn't seem to be looking there still. This is the exact message I get when I try to load Bari Sax 1:

Could not find sample:

C:\Program Files\Garritan Jazz Big Band\Garritan Jazz Big Band Library\<GJBB_Library_part1.nks>\Bb Clarinet Samples\SlowBreath01.wav

I'm not even trying to load a clarinet. It says something of this sort with all the instruments except the place holder. That's the only one that works.

I would suggest reinstalling JABB. Make sure you let it install on the C drive and see if that solves the problem. If not, you may need to contact Native Instruments tech support to see what the problem might be.

Go Back to forum