I finally got around to working on a project again...it's for my mother's birthday, which was Tuesday...

Anyway, I actually did a lot of doubling of lines and giving two parts to the same instrument this time (give me a break, I'm learning as I go!), but that means that when I take the MIDI file from Sibelius, open it in Sonar, and assign EWQLSO Gold instruments to all of those parts...my CPU isn't very happy. I spent three hours this afternoon simply going over each part soloed and lowering the available voices for each to just above what was needed just so I could LISTEN to the whole thing without it popping all over the place. Even so, sometimes the cursor forgets to follow as it plays, and it was sometimes showing CPU usage at 83% or so. Any suggestions? Do I just have to split all of the parts into tracks according to lines so that I can assign three instruments to one channel and settle it that way? It would be something of a pain, since the doubling changes and isn't always exact...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

Rosie