• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: For My Dad

For My Dad

I recorded this Saturday night for my Dad for Father's Day.
    It's nasty, it's not polished, and it's not worth polishing. I am not a singer, but my roots go back to church and listening to my Dad's barbershop quartet. So, I thought of sampling my own voice for my Dad's Father's day gift.

So here goes.... yikes!

Re: For My Dad

Not worth polishing?

You are FAR too hard on yourself, DP....

This was simply STUNNING, and if you can do this IN ONE EVENING, I simply MUST bow to your mixing prowess (and you don't have a bad voice, either - I've heard some barbershop quartets that would KILL to sound like that!)

That's super, Mr. Dan!

It contains the flavor of my very favorite vocal group, The Four Freshmen. Most members of this forum are probably too young to remember them.

I certainly enjoyed your vocal work. I'm sure that your Dad liked it very much too.

My best,

Larry G. Alexander

Wow, Dan, this sounds awesome! Great work! A very nice father's day gift, I'm sure your father loves it!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

This is excellent, Dan!

What other hidden talents, my friend? Will Dan Kury
    solve the Grand Unification Theory? Discover the
    eleventh planet whilst sampling his own brain waves?

You never cease to amaze, Dan!

My best,

Tucson, AZ

Excellent -- wow -- great.

Four Aces, Four Freshmen - start of Manhattan transfer potential.

More! More! Complete an Album. Sell this as it is pro!

Orcas Island

This is super.You sang every part Never knew you were a crooner! Your talents never cease to amaze. Your father is lucky.

Gary Garritan

Dan, this is simply wonderful, my admiration to your seemingly endless talent. Beautiful singing!

Very impressive! Man, the vocals were very well done. An excellent gift to your father, indeed!

♪♪♪♪ CâTå ♪♪♪♪

How would you feel about posting the score or midi file - I feel a trombone quartet coming on....
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast