• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Various Guitars

Share/Bookmark

Various Guitars

hi guys, i'm really looking for a library with a lot of guitars....with many articulations and good quality...i saw chris hein has a new library coming out soon (right?!) ...can u help me? i think hans zimmer guitars is too old now......bye

Re: Various Guitars

acoustic? electric? processed? unprocessed? more detail please.

Quote Originally Posted by Journeyman
    acoustic? electric? processed? unprocessed? more detail please.
    well i already have realguitar2 and i really like it...i was looking for jazz and electric guitars now....

Quote Originally Posted by Journeyman

tnx that's amazing..but i'm searching for somethink more ease to use and just for my mock-ups...i don't need for a use like with a rock band....

tnx that's amazing..but i'm searching for somethink more ease to use and just for my mock-ups...i don't need for a use like with a rock band...i think i'll go for ueberschall Guitar

Theres also manyguitar which is excellent. Pettinhouse also has a new guitar as well.

steve

I´m not so sure myself which library is best. Hans Zimmers library is old and there are no updated versions to make use of Kontakt´s abilities but some sounds are still quite good.
    The Bela Media group buy is very interesting but the guitars are not clean (as far as I know) which would be prefereable to make use use of an amp simulation.
    The LPC guitars from Prominy seem to be nice but they are very expensive. I just bought the new guitar library from Pettinhouse which is quite good but doesn´t have too many articulations.
    Currently the Chris Hein guitars seem to be the most interesting ones (at least when looking at the demos) as they make use of Kontakt´s scripting and seem to be very playable (but they are not out yet). I´ll definitely be interested In the Real Guitar Electrical Edition as I love musiclab´s concept and interface. Makes guitars extremely playable for keyboarders.
    Just my opinion though
    regards
    Raindog

Any other comments on guitar lib. from a keyboard-playability point of view ?

I've been using Virtual Guitarist for rythm guitars for a while, but I'm still looking for a decent library for guitar solo mock-up.

I'm a bit afraid of huge libraries full of articulations, because I don't like to spend hours in programming tracks. So any users feed-back from a playability point welcome !

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent
    Any other comments on guitar lib. from a keyboard-playability point of view ?

I've been using Virtual Guitarist for rythm guitars for a while, but I'm still looking for a decent library for guitar solo mock-up.

I'm a bit afraid of huge libraries full of articulations, because I don't like to spend hours in programming tracks. So any users feed-back from a playability point welcome !
    Frome the point of playability "Real Guitar" is hard to beat for acoustic guitars (especially when strumming) though some libraries may have more convincing samples. I personally think that playability has even more impact now that most libraries have an outstanding quality of samples. That´s why RG is my favourite in this regard.

By looking at the videos the new Chris Hein library seems to focus on playability as well using K2´s scripting abilities but I don´t know anyone who has tested the library (it´s not out yet). As far as I can see, all other libraries focus more on quality and number of samples and articulations without any emphasize on a user friendly interface. Correct me if I´m wrong
    regards
    Raindog

Go Back to forum