• Register
  • Help

Topic: Porting Stylus Classic Projects into RMX

Smile Porting Stylus Classic Projects into RMX

I was wondering if there was an easy way to tell Cubase that projects I have (100s of them) that use Stylus Classic now need to only use Stylus RMX, as I want to uninstall the original Stylus to save some precious sample data space on my drives.

Is there a way of doing this, or will I have to manually open up each project, write down the patches used, and re-open those in RMX?

I don't mind doing that - but would appreciate knowing if there's a workaround for old projects that used the original Stylus.

Thanks for your help, and great forum btw!!!

Re: Porting Stylus Classic Projects into RMX

Freeze or Bounce the original tracks down to audio.....this is highly recommended to do for all music software, as compatibility is such a bear to keep going over the years.

Take a screen shot of the classic plug-ins open if you want to see the settings/patch names.

thanks a lot for your help, it's definitely the only way to go.

It's been a mammoth job.

On the subject of RMX and SX3.1, I've just noticed a really annoying bug, and can't for the life of me figure out what's causing it!!! It's driving me nuts!

Basically, I go into Classic Stylus in a project, see that I used an instance of it with "Triangles." It plays out of Stylus 4 which is the 4th instance in my VST instruments rack.

I go into RMX, set up RMX channel 2 to play back the Sound Menu - Triangles - which gives me the exact same sound which is great!

However, I want it to output to 'Out B' which in Cubase is StylusRMX 2.

What's happening is the Triangle sound is playing panned to L65 - which are the settings for "Out A" where I'm using some shakers.

In SX, there is a drop-down menu on the midi channel, with Output set to StylusRMX 2. Inside RMX, channel 2 (midi channel 2 in Cubase is outputting apparently to StylusRMX 2.

But it's not! It's refusing to send it to Stylus RMX2, and I can see it clearly coming out of RMX1. Sooooooo annoying!

I bet you an English ale that it's a Cubase bug messing up the routing somehow, is there any way around this.

I've saved, exited, tried removing RMX and then redoing it - all to no avail.

Thanks again

Sounds a bit complicated to try and troubleshoot on a forum. I'd recommend contacting tech support directly.

ok will do,

Reading your post I remember having kind of the same issue a while ago.

It appeared that the triangle loop had, as a factory setting, an edit group in it, and this edit group was routed to output a.

Check it out it this is the case with the loop you're using.

Go Back to forum