• Register
  • Help

Topic: Fleetabelle

Share/Bookmark

Fleetabelle

Fleetabelle was the name of an Aunt by marriage to one of my Uncles Russell. Her name is hereby commemorated. It seemed to me that name like Fleetabelle ought not be lost to history.

Fleetabelle
    http://my.opera.com/rwayland/homes/f...leetabelle.mp3

Richard

Re: Fleetabelle

Richard,
    Very nice way to remember someone. Sort of a waltz with some jazz mixed in for good measure.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Richard,
    I am of course a melody driven music lover, but I love your time signature changes in this piece, that is cool!

Thanks for sharing your music with us.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    Richard,
    I am of course a melody driven music lover, but I love your time signature changes in this piece, that is cool!

Thanks for sharing your music with us.
    Dan
    Well, your melody driven position is well known and I am certainly not known for that, at least in the common understanding of the term! Thus I was both surprised and pleased at your remarks!.

I admit that I was pleased with the time signature changes, but I must also state that they were quite necessary, serving a meter function similar to modulation in tonality changes.

Richard

Another quite unusual piece, but it's awesome! The changing time signatures were very interesting in this piece.

~Cata
    ♪♪♪♪ CâTå ♪♪♪♪

Fleetabelle... curiously enough is apparently also the name of significant thoroughbred.

Enjoyed this one, Richard... the canonically shifting overlays, almost fluids in implication, the punctuative surprises in time.

Good night listening; I've had this looping for a bit, now.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Fleetabelle... curiously enough is apparently also the name of significant thoroughbred.

www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Perhaps not so curious. I did not know of the thoroughbred, but I think my Aunt Fleetabelle could be the source of the name. I suppose the opposite is also true, but I don't know the dates on the horse. My Aunt Fleetabelle came from a family involved in horse racing or breeding, I think. She was from Kentucky or Virginia, I think. She was probably born around 1906 - 1910. I don't know when she died, since I had no contact with here since 1950 or so. She is buried in the Punchbowl National Cemetery in Hawaii. Her maiden name was Smith-Jones or Jones-Smith, or maybe not. My mother gave slightly varied versions of her name and background.

Perhaps I can do some research here!

Richard

Go Back to forum